• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
twinturbo2 said:
Why do you want a Lamborghini sedan? That's just wrong.

The only thing that the Lamborghini needed was a backseat upon which to close the deal with hot ladies. And it's beautiful, unlike the ridiculous new Porsche Sedan which looks like a 911 that was left too close to the fireplace.

Edit:

w872xh.jpg

barf.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
OuterWorldVoice said:
At least people know now that it's reasonably fast and can carry a lot of meth.
I'm shocked that an xB can top 100. TMYK, apparently.

And Rapping Granny, that chick in those pics of that Lamborghini sedan? IT'S A TRAP!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
akachan ningen said:
What other bad PR have they been getting?

Anyway, this actually makes the car look pretty good. I didn't think it was that fast.
You did see the ugly yellow abortion I posted a while back, no?

twinturbo2 said:
You did see the ugly yellow abortion I posted a while back, no?
That's bad PR? I only read jalopnik and C|D but they were both pretty upbeat about the concept. I really don't think that's hurting them, especially when it doesn't have the scion name attached to it yet.

Stinkles

twinturbo2 said:
I'm shocked that an xB can top 100. TMYK, apparently.

And Rapping Granny, that chick in those pics of that Lamborghini sedan? IT'S A TRAP!

Scion has a decent little engine and is fairly light, but the "aerodynamics" are horrific. The engine was probably being aspirated by the meth in that skank's system. Like nitrous.

Zyzyxxz

OuterWorldVoice said:
The only thing that the Lamborghini needed was a backseat upon which to close the deal with hot ladies. And it's beautiful, unlike the ridiculous new Porsche Sedan which looks like a 911 that was left too close to the fireplace.

Edit:
http://i42.tinypic.com/w872xh.jpg

barf.

I was like you, thought it was shit.

But then I managed to catch sight of one during its long-term testing phase.

Damn its a hell lot more beautiful in person.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
akachan ningen said:
That's bad PR? I only read jalopnik and C|D but they were both pretty upbeat about the concept. I really don't think that's hurting them, especially when it doesn't have the scion name attached to it yet.
Read the Jalopnik comments. They can't be the only ones horrified by the Pikachumobile.

Stinkles

Zyzyxxz said:
I was like you, thought it was shit.

But then I managed to catch sight of one during its long-term testing phase.

Damn its a hell lot more beautiful in person.

There are loads of nicer pictures than the one I chose - part of my problem with it is the reliance on the 911 sillhouette - the Lambo is conceptually brand new. And Lamborghini has a tradition of making crazy cars - hatchbacks, an offroader, four-doors and a goddamned tractor. Porsche is just whoring out the badge to idiots who don't know any better.

Cheeto

Norante said:
Might get an 05 STI tomorrow. :D
Nice. Details! I'm tossing around ideas for myself lately, been thinking about an Evo X or the new genesis coupe. But a used STi might work for me as well, just not the new 5 door only model.

Zyzyxxz

Cheeto said:
Nice. Details! I'm tossing around ideas for myself lately, been thinking about an Evo X or the new genesis coupe. But a used STi might work for me as well, just not the new 5 door only model.

thats a wide price range of cars to choose from.

EVO X - $30K+
Genesis base model - $22K
Used STI's vary.

Either way I would consider the Evo IX if the looks don't turn you off, its so refined in terms of being an Evo and are so moddable too.

Stinkles

Cheeto said:

Every time I think about a hot Japanese minisport car, I think about the Mazda RX7 before it became the RX8. It is such a lovely piece of sheetmetal. Just beautiful.

Cheeto

Zyzyxxz said:
thats a wide price range of cars to choose from.

EVO X - $30K+
Genesis base model - $22K
Used STI's vary.

Either way I would consider the Evo IX if the looks don't turn you off, its so refined in terms of being an Evo and are so moddable too.
Well, I'd get the track model of the 2.0T if I went for the Gen Coupe, which is 25k...Same range as a slightly used Evo X before the 2010 models come around. I already know its Evo X or no Evo at all. I don't like the style of the older ones to begin with, and a co-worker knows a lot about the 4B11 and writes is own ECU tunes for them. He gained an easy 70+ whp over stock on his most aggressive tune and a couple easy bolt ons.
SC_EcuTeK_dyno_1.jpg

Zyzyxxz

Cheeto said:
Well, I'd get the track model of the 2.0T if I went for the Gen Coupe, which is 25k...Same range as a slightly used Evo X before the 2010 models come around. I already know its Evo X or no Evo at all. I don't like the style of the older ones to begin with, and a co-worker knows a lot about the 4B11 and writes is own ECU tunes for them. He gained an easy 70+ whp over stock on his most aggressive tune and a couple easy bolt ons.
http://speedcircuit.net/images/SC_EcuTeK_dyno_1.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

wow thats a cool and useful friend to have. 70hp more at the wheel is no joke

twinturbo2 said:
Read the Jalopnik comments. They can't be the only ones horrified by the Pikachumobile.

pfft. The jalopnik comments. Those douchebags make sarcastic comments about any fucking car, but especially small and/or japanese ones. I don't even skim through them anymore. I really wouldn't take their word as the voice of the average person.

aznpxdd

Haha clever response from BMW (even though RS4 is M3's competitor). Now Audi needs to put up something with a R8, BMW has nothing to compete with that.

Tarazet

So maintenance. What are your preferences? Dealer, garage, DIY? My dad swears by the cost savings of doing it himself, but I like having some kind of service records for the sake of resale value. Plus I don't like blowing an entire day every 6 months to go get the oil and filter, drive the car up on your ramps, and drain the oil yourself. I go to a well-regarded small local garage because the Ford dealers in the Bay Area are ass.

Cheeto

sonarrat said:
So maintenance. What are your preferences? Dealer, garage, DIY? My dad swears by the cost savings of doing it himself, but I like having some kind of service records for the sake of resale value. Plus I don't like blowing an entire day every 6 months to go get the oil and filter, drive the car up on your ramps, and drain the oil yourself. I go to a well-regarded small local garage because the Ford dealers in the Bay Area are ass.
It takes 20 minutes to do an oil change? Why blow an entire day?

aznpxdd

Pretty much comes down to if you need to extra space right? I personally think the coupe looks a hell lot better than the sedan.

Zyzyxxz

sonarrat said:

I dont really like doing complicated stuff, exterior aesthetics I'm more ok with.

Tarazet

Cheeto said:
It takes 20 minutes to do an oil change? Why blow an entire day?

I was unfortunate enough to be at my parents' house when dad was trying to change the oil in his RX-8. He spent half an hour scraping his knuckles trying to get the filter cap off, then went to get a cap wrench. Got back and it didn't fit, so he had to go back and get a different size one.. and he still scraped his knuckles to hell. I have a Ford Fusion and it also has that annoying cap, so same issue. These are the tools you need to change the oil in my car:

Oil Filter "F" type cap wrench

Ratchet

12" extension

3/8" flex joint

19mm socket (oil pan)

Jack

Oil pan

I'll just take it to a garage and have it full of Mobil 1 $60 later, thanks (mostly the oil, that stuff's expensive)

Javaman

Zyzyxxz said:
This is why BMW sucks. They rather try selling SUVs in a recession rather than sport lux vehicles. THey sure are doing their best to disappoint me.

Lamborghini reportedly has not shelved production of the Estoque but just hasn't confirmed it for production yet.

estoque_hr_03.jpg

She might live yet.

How do you get in? :lol

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Thinking of purchasing...

CorkSport Mazdaspeed 6 80mm Cat Back, CorkSport Race Pipe, and CorkSport Mazdaspeed 6 Downpipe

This is a dyno with the downpipe only:

MS6%20Downpipe.jpg

The test car had a Mazdaspeed intake as the only modification. The dark line is the baseline with 265 torque and 229hp. The run with the downpipe is 291 torque and 267 hp.

Videos:

Revving: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8S7Tt8c6zE
Driving: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLjbW0nBeK4

It's not obnoxiously loud and fart canny, but very sports tuned. The company is local, too, which is great cause I get to save on shipping.

Mohonky

DarkJediKnight said:
160.jpg

I think this just became my Fav car. It looks flawless.

Yeh these new AMG Black vehicles are fucking hot. I love them. They look so freaking mean. I'd have to say for me they are the hottest looking production vehicles ever (with the Alfa Competizione and Maserati GT)

maserati-gt-s-auto-1.jpg

alfa-romeo_8c_competizione_11a.jpg

I also have a soft spot for hot hatches like the Alfa MiTo and Fiat Abath 500

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
There is a door handle near the rear quarter panel people...

Mohonky

OuterWorldVoice said:
Edit:

w872xh.jpg

barf.

wtf is with Porsche. All their cars have the same basic design, then they release a yearly update and change nothing but claim every panel has changed, then they create this awful monstrosity. Whoever designs their vehicles needs to be taken out back and shot.

Javaman said:
How do you get in? :lol

I will forgive your ignorance because you are poor and still using keys *yurk* to open doors. The door unlock when you are close because of a magnetic key you wear in your pocket. Then you simply press the door with a finger and it open. :D

Cheeto

Zyzyxxz said:
meh from what I've read the V6 Genesis feels way too raw, unrefined.

The 2.0T is where its at, a few mods should easily put it at 300 flywheel HP.
I've read much of the same, but I've also read that the 2.0T has 2 bolt main and an open deck block. 300 is probably a safe HP number to reach for in the 2.0T, but I don't know about 400-500 if you want a real racer.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
akachan ningen said:
Why should they put a V8 in there when the V6 makes more HP than the Mustang's V8? :lol
So it can a huge tub of lard as well?
Oh wait the 2010 model got a little bump in HP didn't it? Not enough though.
There's nothing quite like the sound of a V8 motor.

Zyzyxxz

Cheeto said:
I've read much of the same, but I've also read that the 2.0T has 2 bolt main and an open deck block. 300 is probably a safe HP number to reach for in the 2.0T, but I don't know about 400-500 if you want a real racer.

If you're going for 400-500 we're talking big money though.

I mean the 2.0T is meant to be the 240SX/Silvia of our generation, meaning an affordable rear wheel drive.

If somebody wants 400HP and more through modding then the 370Z / Lancer Evolution crowd is where you need to be.

The Lamonster said:
2009 Honda Accord sedan vs. coupe: thoughts?
If you can function with the coupe I'd get it, I think it looks a lot better. I got the polished metal coupe and put on the honda 19's I like it a lot. It's a heavy car if you are into performance and speed you should look elsewhere or get the v6 6 speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom