• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You and your HBCU hate, the most important fact is that she is going to college. Undergrad doesn't really mean shit anyways.

Edit
I wish more republicans kept it real like this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK4IKzToq5A&feature=relmfu
fuck that

Go to hbcus for homecoming or parties or whatever. Most of their programs are a joke and the value just doesn't add up. I'd rather she do community college then get caught up in the high probability of bullshit at Livingston or Shaw.

Some (ok most) HBCUs are terrible but there are some good ones (Howard, Xavier, FamU, Morehouse)

This is true right here. Like DY said a majority of the schools are horrible. But the ones you listed are pretty good. Maybe I'm biased because I'm going to one of the ones listed though.

fuck that

Go to hbcus for homecoming or parties or whatever. Most of their programs are a joke and the value just doesn't add up. I'd rather she do community college then get caught up in the high probability of bullshit at Livingston or Shaw.

If her options were Livingstone or Shaw it's a good thing she's not looking at HBCUs. I mean Shaw isn't even accredited any more.

Lebron

The problem with HBCU's is that you don't get the sweet satisfaction of being the lone dark spot in the room and the person who sets the curve. Dat science knowledge

sorry to dig up the past: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187494

the first page introduces all types of stupid

Mr.Potato Head said:
You guys realize how much SHIT the gaming industry or a game developer would be in if they were to make a White College Football Experience videogame? :lol

I never understood some of the logic in this area..its ok for the black community to do what they want but the white community has to walk on egg shells.....or else!!!

Im not racists..i have plenty of black, latino and asian friends, im half latino myself. i just feel this aint right, thats all.

There is enough wrong in these few short lines to write a paper on. smh Well done banned guy, well done.

Lebron

sorry to dig up the past: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187494

the first page introduces all types of stupid
I was still a young gun positing in that thread, clueless to the world. I tried to ignore the ignorance, thinking it was all jokes. However, 5 years later, I realize some of them were dead serious lol

At least most of the dumb ones in that thread have gray names now.

edit: Ah, Potato Head. That'll do, pig. That'll do.

Mononofu

Any Chem majors here? I go into that or Sound/Music, Audio engineering. Not overly concerned with having a Job or $$$ Just want the opportunity to learn and be creative.

Help.

Lebron

Any Chem majors here? I go into that or Sound/Music, Audio engineering. Not overly concerned with having a Job or $$$ Just want the opportunity to learn and be creative.

Help.

BA Chemistry and BS Forensic Chemistry here.

Time to bring my old DBZ and Gundam collar shirts back out the closet. Swag

Imm0rt4l

Toonami, fuck yea.

Though I'm not curious as to what they'll be playing....

speaking of anime though, I've been watching Kids on the slope with is the reunion of shinichiro watanabe and Yoko Kanno(both worked on Cowboy Bebop). I guess it's sort of a Japanese coming of age story of kids playing jazz back in the 60's.

absolutely nothing like cowboy bebop or samurai champloo, and if not for the people involved I probably wouldn't have watched it. Anyways, there's this scene where the gang is playing a jazz piece for some American sailors and a drunken patron, yells and tells the band to "stop playing coon music, play something white", at which point they obliged and played something less 'urban'. I was kinda surprised to see that in an anime, but it was kinda nice that it's a pretty honest portrayal of the time.

zero_suit

Toonami, fuck yea.

speaking of anime though, I've been watching Kids on the slope with is the reunion of shinichiro watanabe and Yoko Kanno(both worked on Cowboy Bebop). I guess it's sort of a Japanese coming of age story of kids playing jazz back in the 60's.

absolutely nothing like cowboy bebop or samurai champloo, and if not for the people involved I probably wouldn't have watched it.

How is that show?

http://youtu.be/2-eitsutpOc

stop eating your watermelon in the closet

"lord have mercy"
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I can't, man.

My grandparents totally have that exact same chair.

Mononofu

Any small piece of advice or info would helpful. I'm poor at math but willing to learn, really hate repetitive tasks and procedure. Was set on Sound and Music tech for months but I don't jive with the business, industry aspects of the course though.

"Dats a waste of watermelon when all u got do do is pick up like dis here, look here, just pick it up like dis here *bites* don't messa syrup pull behine it, BELIEVE IT!"

Imm0rt4l

How is that show?

It's pretty good, considering the subject matter. Still has the high school crush/love triangle stuff you'd probably expect, but the characters are charming enough that you get kinda sucked into it. It's pretty good. Also, the jazz sessions are pretty dope. I haven't watched too much contemporary anime in a bit cuz all the stupid tropes and moe, but I've been following kids on the slope and the new Lupin. The new Lupin is hit and miss, also they basically turned fujiko into a whore.

Toonami, fuck yea.

absolutely nothing like cowboy bebop or samurai champloo, and if not for the people involved I probably wouldn't have watched it. Anyways, there's this scene where the gang is playing a jazz piece for some American sailors and a drunken patron, yells and tells the band to "stop playing coon music, play something white", at which point they obliged and played something less 'urban'. I was kinda surprised to see that in an anime, but it was kinda nice that it's a pretty honest portrayal of the time.
That caught me off guard as well. I forgot the show took place in the 60's up until that moment.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

Time to bring my old DBZ and Gundam collar shirts back out the closet. Swag

BS in English and a minor in Spanish
MA in Library Science

*smug* being a black head librarian and seeing the reactions NEVER gets old

Help.

My cousin who I lived with while in college majored in sound tech media something or another but switched due to a lack of lucrative opportunities. Even if you aren't overly concerned with money, it is something you'll have to deal with one way or another. Any schools/programs in particular you have your eye on?

Double post.......ah well.

Mononofu

My cousin who I lived with while in college majored in sound tech media something or another but switched due to a lack of lucrative opportunities. Even if you aren't overly concerned with money, it is something you'll have to deal with one way or another. Any schools/programs in particular you have your eye on?

Double post.......ah well.

I was planing to go to Valencia. May switch to Seminole State for Chem because it's closer. SSC only has a music performance program.

Lebron

Any small piece of advice or info would helpful. I'm poor at math but willing to learn, really hate repetitive tasks and procedure. Was set on Sound and Music tech for months but I don't jive with the business, industry aspects of the course though.

The math you can manage through, honestly. However, if you don't like repetitive tasks and procedure, Chemistry may be a bad mix for you. That's basically all you do, if you wanted to work in a lab that is. Have you ever thought of Bio Medical Engineering? That seems to be the field to be in if you want to be creative and doing new stuff all the time, but the math is more important there. Why do you exactly want to switch to a Chem major, like what are you looking to do?
BS in English and a minor in Spanish
MA in Library Science

*smug* being a black head librarian and seeing the reactions NEVER gets old

Hahaha, I bet. You go against everything Chris Rock said about black dudes and books! The looks I got as a TA for labs/lectures never got old either. It made my teeth whiter.

Top Bottom