• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Combatribes

logo_combatribes.gif

man, this is such a great beat em up!!! i recommend this to any beat em up fans. tons of action, a good ammount of blood, and you get to smash heads together. not to mention swinging people around by their legs, and all kinds of other crazy shit.

ctribe.jpg

the characters are awesome. look at how cool they look. i really like the atmosphere that this game has a lot.

everyone beat em up fan should check this out. you know it's a good beat em up cause Technos made it, and no one makes better beat em up then them.

TechnosLand
Combatribes02.jpg

oh, one last thing. anyone know how the SNES port turned out? i hear not that good. anyways, we got Double Dragon and River City Ransom. this should definitely be next on Technos's list, unless they want to make another Nekketsu Koukou Soccer.

cs060mk2

If you play it for 5 minutes in MAME sure you will say its great, but back in the beginning of the 90'ies almost no one touched the game in the arcades I visited.

jenov4

OH definitely, this game rocks! The corner store had this game and me and my buddies would play this game after school.

The SNES version also kicked ass. I had the multi-tap and played that to death. Great & underappreciated game!

Oh yeah, I love this game. Played it often in the arcade, and yeah, it was pretty hard. The only thing I didn't like was the music, pretty crappy. But the rest of it was good stuff.

WarPig

I remember thinking "COMBATRIBES" was an amusingly silly name back in the day. They used to have this at Finholm's grocery store in downtown Gig Harbor when I was a kid. I think it replaced an OG Ninja Gaiden cabinet.

DFS.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
The problem with this game in the arcade was the same with Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone. Standing around doing nothing depleted energy.

I loved the game (bashing their heads into the pavement rocked!)...but RCR and the arcade version of Renegade are still Technos Japan's finest games, IMO.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
This game used to be in the 7/11 down the street. I remember the fast white guy, the balanced white guy, and the strong black guy. There were some moves (like banging two enemies' heads together) that I did by accident and never figured out how to do on purpose.

No idea how good it was, but it has a ton of nostalgia for me.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Konami's Violent Storm (1993) is a damn good BEU as well...

1053196435.jpg
1050860334.jpg

dude, Violent Storm is so hardcore early 90's Konami is just kicks your ass out of your seat, or whever your standining.

you just know you're in for something good whenever that music starts. such 90's Konami action to the max that game is.

Top Bottom