• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The creators of Blasphemous 1 & 2 have announced a new title at Gamescom called 'The Stone of Madness'.

I mean. It looks cool. But I don’t wanna play it. Haha. If I had more gaming time I could see getting into it.

Last edited:
Clapping Applause GIF

near

Gold Member
Looks like a real time strategy stealth game, with 5 unique characters each with specific traits and abilities where you play to there strengths each day on individuals runs to achieve a long term escape plan. Promising. Wishlisted.

Edit: Might end up a day one, I'm liking what I'm reading here.

Manage_The_Madness.jpg

Each playable character possesses a fully realized set of traumas and phobias. To effectively navigate the monastery, you must be mindful of each character's mental health.

GIFS600x338_Menu_UI-ezgif.com-crop.gif

Triggering these traits depletes a character’s sanity, ultimately triggering a traumatic event with negative effects such as paranoia, dementia, or bouts of violence; fundamentally changing how the afflicted character is played.

Last edited:

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
Is this like The Cave? The game from Doublefine where you pick a few characters from a list and use their abilites throughout the enitire game?

Looks good. Cool they are branching out and trying new stuff.

EDIT: Oh I guess they have done this type of game before. I missed it!

Last edited:

Seider

Im sure this game takes inspiration from "La Abadía del Crimen", a spanish game launched in the eighties for Amstrad CPC, Spectrum, Msx and Pc.

Barakov

Gold Member
Looks interesting but it's probably not my cup of tea. Still have to get around to playing Blasphemous 2.

Ferdimage

I was so excited to see the thread specially after playing both 1&2, and completely loving it.
But this is not what I expected.

Currently playing Moonscars, so I'm content for now.

Loved Blasphemous but glad they are trying something different. Would hate to see them keep churning out the same stuff for a decade.

Prekk

Loved Blasphemous but glad they are trying something different. Would hate to see them keep churning out the same stuff for a decade.
Yes. Let's stop doing what we're really good at. Good call.

This looks alright but hopefully there will be a Blasphemous 3.

Toots

Gold Member
Looks like a real time strategy stealth game, with 5 unique characters each with specific traits and abilities where you play to there strengths each day on individuals runs to achieve a long term escape plan. Promising. Wishlisted.

Edit: Might end up a day one, I'm liking what I'm reading here.

Manage_The_Madness.jpg

Each playable character possesses a fully realized set of traumas and phobias. To effectively navigate the monastery, you must be mindful of each character's mental health.

GIFS600x338_Menu_UI-ezgif.com-crop.gif

Triggering these traits depletes a character’s sanity, ultimately triggering a traumatic event with negative effects such as paranoia, dementia, or bouts of violence; fundamentally changing how the afflicted character is played.
So you can put woke stuff in a game and make it interesting.
Managing your mental health in a gameplay perspective instead of only using it as virtue signaling plot point (im looking at you dust born) is a good idea.

Madonis

This sounds pretty impressive and creative. Let them cook.

I'm sure they'll do something closer to Blasphemous eventually, but they've already made a sequel. Time to diversify their projects.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Art style is intact for sure...but to so drastically change their genera is a "bold move Cotton".

Music in the trailer is great, while I will probably bounce off this in less than an hour I am more than willing to give them the money for the amount of effort they have put into previous titles.

Top Bottom