• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Cure's "The Cure"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo. Tuesday. Gonna pick this up later today. Anyone hear it yet? I've heard the first single and that is pretty good. Some of the lyrics seem ripped right out of Plainsong from Disintegration...with the whole "End of the world" part(which just happens to be the name of the song). But yeah, The Cure rocks and this should be good.

Willco

Hollywood Square
I saw them last month at Coachella and they rocked the stage hard. I'll definitely buy a copy.

tt_deeb

The album is pretty good, I like it. Some songs seem a little lame but others are really catchy and well put together so you probably won't be dissapointed.

I'm kind of liking it. So far, "Before Three," "alt.end" and "Taking Off" are sticking for me.

What I'm really curious (har har) about is the crop of tracks missing from the album. The U.S. version only gets 11 tracks to Europe's 13 and Japan's 14. I read that, in all, 20 tracks were recorded and mixed from these sessions. I know that a couple will sneak out on the "End of the World" single.

The album isn't bad. It's just one of those things that comes off different than expected. It doesn't sound like The End of the World was leading me to think at all.

It grows on you. It just takes some time.

I'm pretty pissed off over the extra import tracks, honestly.

I'm liking it too.

On my first "real" listen as the one at work didn't count too much.

Anniversary and End of the World are really good.

What's with the swearing with no "parental advisory" on Us or Them? I'm lucky there were no customers in the store when that song was on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom