• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The day Microsoft killed mixed reality on Windows

Z O N E

"As Microsoft removed any support for the Mixed Reality Platform"

Ehh... didn't they stop supporting it over a year ago? WHILST mentioning that they'll update Windows to remove it.

Alx

Mine was gathering dust anyway, but I gave it away to my nephew a few months ago as he saw it and asked if he could have it. I hope he’ll be able to keep using it, he’s studying software development so he may be able to tinker with it or code his own drivers…

GHG

"As Microsoft removed any support for the Mixed Reality Platform"

Ehh... didn't they stop supporting it over a year ago? WHILST mentioning that they'll update Windows to remove it.

There is no reason for them to prevent existing owners from still being able to use their headsets. Said it before, I'll say it again:

Man, you've never been in the crosshairs when Microsoft have sunset something have you?

I've been there with GFWL. I've been there with Zune. I've been there with Windows Phone. I've been there with WMR.

Strap yourself in, it's an experience.

These guys are ultra scummy when it comes to this kind of thing.

WMR had its share of problems but damn the fire sales were the perfect entry to VR before and during COVID. I was able to buy a Samsung headset and play Half Life Alyx for $250 new at the beginning of 2020 and it was a hell of an experience.

Top Bottom