• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cormack12

Gold Member
Fuck Ubi. Really.

Why do I need to sign into my UPlay account from the "Sign In" button when I'm already signed in?

Sod your gun skin.

Yeah it's a pain. If you sign into uplay with your linked account, then go to account management, it will tell you your original email address there, click change and it will email you a reset link. Reset it, if you've forgotten it like me, then use those credentials to log in and then it redeems.

bjaelke

I really fucking love The Division's marketing team.

Yeah they're definitely on top of this release.
Y9LOTyP.jpg

I watched the 30 minute live action intro on Amazon Prime. It is really good but it does nothing to explain the back story.

It's really good though right!?

Smallpox Chimera is actually spreading through US like wildfire; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr5RO9LvyTs&feature=youtu.be

Found here; https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/43osm8/the_division_pirate_radio_podcast_clips/

I also remember hearing dialogue referencing virus hitting Hong Kong, London etc. and spreading in those countries like wildfire also. Can't find it now :( Then there is IGN First video where we hear NPC dialogue saying how our mission isn't just about NYC, but about saving whole human race.

Edit: Cabbagehead to save with good link

Damn, that some crazy shit. Im sitting here watching all those videos. It's the small stuff like this that gets me really immersed into the universe of those games. Really deep and mysterious lore.

I am pretty sure it isn't world wide, but I bet it is US wide.
Probably every huge US city has some Division agents in it.

Nope, it's WORLD wide, watch this live action trailer video and skip to 2:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY1kTYDCodA

He stated cities from Asia and Europe are also hit with the virus.

It seems no where is safe. We're looking at the genocide of human kind right here.

Tovarisc

It seems no where is safe. We're looking at the genocide of human kind right here.

I'm already expecting 12 Monkeys twist where we learn that this virus keeps mutating meaning that even those who are immune now are vulnerable in next cycle of mutations. Few generations and human race is extinct.

Did the game went Gold yet?
Can't imagine the crunch at Massive atm. :eek:

Game was in certification and manufacturing already when closed beta began.

The invisible trailer is one of my favourites. Gives me chills.

I really love what the Agent says at the beginning and near the end.

Gives me hardcore chills because it's true especially these line.

Tragedy

"So distant, detached, someone else's struggle in some far away place. Its not until it's in our city, at our doors. That we realize how fragile we are...All of us...all of this"

"Tragedy Invisible, people turn away from. They run from if they can and it's hard knowing you belong here"...etc

Bravo Blur and Massive amazing stuff had me enthralled that E3.

Game was in certification and manufacturing already when closed beta began.

Yep its feature complete excluding the day one patchaino and whatever else after.

So, DGAF (aka Division GAF, aka Destiny GAF), I'm down to buy this game as I loved the closed beta. But I'm torn as to which platform to pick it up for. PC or consoles.

So what's the consensus around here? Which platform will the majority of GAF be playing on?

deoee

So, DGAF (aka Division GAF, aka Destiny GAF), I'm down to buy this game as I loved the closed beta. But I'm torn as to which platform to pick it up for. PC or consoles.

So what's the consensus around here? Which platform will the majority of GAF be playing on?

strawpoll.me/6888196/r

I'm getting it for PC

Tovarisc

I just realized it's kinda funny that apparently all the Division Agents are immune to the virus :O

If we were 100% immune we wouldn't need masks in any situation.

Edit: I guess we have some resistance to it / experimental vaccine to keep us safe in less infected parts of city, but 100% immune we are not.

strawpoll.me/6888196/r

I'm getting it for PC

Console peasants got vote bots!

Dang, PS4 is running strong.

PC if you can sustain 60fps. Butter smooth movement and handling.
There's plenty of ÷GAF PC folks: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1188608

My setup ran the PC beta fine:
- i7-4790
- GTX 970
- 16 GB RAM
- Windows 10

I have $54 sitting in my Steam wallet, but then PSN is running that $15 for $100 promo.

Also have the PS4 CE preordered on my Amazon account. Which I actually don't remember preordering last summer, but now it has the Prime discount on it.

Klyka

Banned
If we were 100% immune we wouldn't need masks in any situation.

Edit: I guess we have some resistance to it / experimental vaccine to keep us safe in less infected parts of city, but 100% immune we are not.

Ah yeah that's true.

I was more thinking that all the Agents survived the initial outbreak

moojito

I only just thought to check into what the books were like, and it turns out there is no book! Seems quite odd given the Tom Clancy branding.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Wish there was a Tom Clancy book! The plot is based on Operation Dark Winter and Directive 51 if you'd like to read up on that. Also the book releasing the same day is supposed to fill in some lore gaps.

moojito

Wish there was a Tom Clancy book! The plot is based on Operation Dark Winter and Directive 51 if you'd like to read up on that. Also the book releasing the same day is supposed to fill in some lore gaps.

*googles*
*ends up on wikipedia page*

welp, there goes my day!

My setup ran the PC beta fine:
- i7-4790
- GTX 970
- 16 GB RAM
- Windows 10

I have $54 sitting in my Steam wallet, but then PSN is running that $15 for $100 promo.
Similar setup to mine. You're fine. ;)
Also, you can get this game for cheap via GAF B/S/T thread. Got two Uplay keys (one for gf, one for me) for $32.5.

Kabouter

Is it most likely that ps4 will have the largest player base for the game?
Almost certainly initially yes, but what it will be in the long run? Who knows? I imagine that there being no competition from Destiny on PC, the PC community will tend to be more consistent than those on consoles. That's pure speculation on my part however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom