• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This red panda meme fest is literally the best thing this week

You're welcome

tumblr_lpq6skdZYg1qz6aawo1_500.jpg

Uiki

So.... a store here in italy is already selling copies LOL

I don't get what's the point with servers still offline but whatever.

Raven77

I've looked all over and can't find any clarification on this. Even on the wiki for this game.

Can someone explain to me how online play works? I know about Dark Zones and how online play works there but what about the rest of the game? Will there be random other online players running around in the city with me? Are there online hubs like in Destiny? Does this game have instanced zones?

Maybe I just suck at searching around but I can't find clarification on the above.

It's amazing how forthcoming Ubisoft is being about this game in comparison to Bungie with Destiny. I just watched the Year 1 trailer and they pretty much mapped everything out and gave people a reason to be excited. Take notes Bungie.

I can't freaking wait for next week!

Tecnniqe

Banned
It's amazing how forthcoming Ubisoft is being about this game in comparison to Bungie with Destiny. I just watched the Year 1 trailer and they pretty much mapped everything out and gave people a reason to be excited. Take notes Bungie.

I can't freaking wait for next week!

You will be pleasantly surprised with whats still coming!

Bungie is getting wrecked on the community front right now.

Agent

Yep, but delivery is saying March 10th. DOH

Yeah, I just noticed my order says March 10. I changed it to one day shipping because it said that would get release day delivery, but it only went to March 9. :(

I'm guessing it is too close to the release now for release day delivery?

Tovarisc

I've looked all over and can't find any clarification on this. Even on the wiki for this game.

Can someone explain to me how online play works? I know about Dark Zones and how online play works there but what about the rest of the game? Will there be random other online players running around in the city with me? Are there online hubs like in Destiny? Does this game have instanced zones?

Maybe I just suck at searching around but I can't find clarification on the above.

So;
  • Doing pure PvE content is either solo or with group, but you won't see random players running on the streets. Only people you are in party with.
  • Doing DZ is playing PvEvP content with maximum of 23 other players.
  • Game has one known larger PvE hub where you see other players, Camp Hudson that is our base at right beginning of the game
  • There is safe houses scattered all over PvE side of the Manhattan, just like in DZ. In larger safe houses you can see other players, afaik
  • Next to everything has matchmaking
  • No phase instancing afaik

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

• Most of NYC will be just you and your group (if you are in one)
  • There are community hubs (like Camp Hudson) where you can see all the other players there.
  • The DZ is instanced for 24 players.
  • Missions can be done with groups of up to 4.
  • Everything has matchmaking. Roaming, missions, and DZ. So you never have to wander alone if you don't want to.
  • The only loading screens so far are when entering/exiting safe houses.

Yeah, I just noticed my order says March 10. I changed it to one day shipping because it said that would get release day delivery, but it only went to March 9. :(

I'm guessing it is too close to the release now for release day delivery?

Yeah, guess so. I was hoping to save some cash, but I think I may just get the digital season pass. Goodbye extra gold loot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom