• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion |OT|

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Aaaah. Now I have to sit in this thread until this game comes out. :lol

I need a slower paced game now compared to GRAW. GRAW is great, but I like some gaming balance. I am hoping this will provide it for me. The wait is back on again! GRAW is old news, gimme Oblivion! :lol

atomsk

Party Pooper
Kung Fu Jedi said:
If I recall correctly, the devs have stated that load times would be less with the HD as it would do some caching of files to it. Steve or Vark would be able to confirm or deny I suppose.

IIRC

"We've known since day one," said Todd Howard in his earlier comments to Game Informer, "that there would be versions of the 360 without a hard drive, so Oblivion will still work on every 360. That being said, Oblivion takes full advantage of the hard drive and uses it extensively, so we'd certainly recommend that everyone gets one."

Pete Hines: We definitely plan to take full advantage of the hard drive for Oblivion and you will see the results in the game's performance, faster load times, etc.
How much of a difference? We don't know yet.

something like that

Unison

I'm sure they know by now...

... but it's great to hear that it will indeed be used to improve performance. After PGR3's disappointing load times (compared to PGR2), I wasn't taking anything for granted. :D

atomsk

Party Pooper
granted, those quotes are a few months old. i dont think anyone has asked them about the issue lately. so it'll be interesting to find out come release...

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
What is going to be the best place to buy this (I refuse to shop at ebgames/gamestop)?
I don't mind ordering online

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Suikoguy said:
What is going to be the best place to buy this (I refuse to shop at ebgames/gamestop)?
I don't mind ordering online

Well there's ebgames.com or gamestop.com if you only dislike the b&m versions. If you want to stay away completely, I sometimes use gogamer.com .

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
devdiary_march_screen11B.jpg

Holy crap! That's a nice screenshot! Just beautiful.

Oh, and in before the:

-What are the system specs for the machine that that shot is from?

-Yeah looks nice but is it at 4 fps?

-Will that scene look better on an Xbox 360 or on my PC?

posts. ;)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Will stores like Circuit City and Best Buy have it Tuesday?

Ark-AMN

Banned
damnit, every screen makes me want this game more. I think the whole forest theme of Cyrodil is just infinitely far more appealing than the rockiness of Vvardenfall.

two weeks to go, but then I'll be so busy with GDC and finals and this. Argh! :D

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Btw, is it known what copy protection mechanism oblivion PC is going to be using? Seems they aren't going to use starforce (going by some googling), at least.

EviLore said:
Btw, is it known what copy protection mechanism oblivion PC is going to be using? Seems they aren't going to use starforce (going by some googling), at least.

Securom 7, I believe.

So beautiful...I sure as fuck hope I can find a 360 Premium Pack before Mar. 21. If this game is on shelves and MS is hoarding a 360 that could be mine in a warehouse because of that retarded "relaunch" I'll be pissed.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
its kind of sad that oblivion will make some of us virtual botanists, yet we'll remian completely oblivious to the real life beauty around us :lol

awesome article by the way :)

Chiggs

Gold Member
That was a very informative article, but why was the writing so pretentious?

Even they are always churning and spiraling, deep within the cosmos, forever burning bright until they sigh their last solar wind, giving eventual rise to a new star.

From wild grasses, to seed bearing herbs jutting out amongst fields of haphazardly strewn rocks left ages ago by long forgotten glaciers, resting upon folds in the hills, like wounded soldiers waiting for their loved ones to carry them home.

An experience so deep and rife with possibilities that perhaps it could even inspire one to contemplate the nature of Tamriel and their own avatar’s existence.

Pellham

Banned
What is Securom 7 like? Will I still be able to rip the game's iso so I can put it on my hard drive and load the game using a virtual drive so I don't have to leave the disc in the drive? (I want to keep it in perfect condition and using it all the time isn't going to let that happen :p, I'd rather full install the game then not touch the disc ever again)

GhaleonEB

Jesus. I need to get my 360 soooon or I'm never going to catch up on the great games coming out. GRAW and Oblivion within two weeks of each other....eek. 0_0

Pellham said:
What is Securom 7 like? Will I still be able to rip the game's iso so I can put it on my hard drive and load the game using a virtual drive so I don't have to leave the disc in the drive? (I want to keep it in perfect condition and using it all the time isn't going to let that happen :p, I'd rather full install the game then not touch the disc ever again)

ARGHHHH!!!

Just wait a couple of months. Some filthy whore will crack Securom 7.

eso76

Judging by the latest sshots i'd say the bloom is gone, or maybe it's only in the X360 version ? (which would explain hands on previews comments on the pc version looking sharper and the x360 version being slightly blurry).
I don't mind a little bloom myself, as a side effect it also hides a few small aliasing issues, as long as it's not overdone.

Btw, did anyone notice
obliv31B.jpg

the texture on the rock (extreme right) lacks filtering ? :)

Dr_Cogent

Banned
syllogism said:
Yes, your 6800 will run it well if devs are to be believed instead of random internet people who have not played the game

It's close to the bottom of compatible chipsets. I'm figuring the 360 should outperform my 6800.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Kung Fu Jedi said:
What, Doc? You don't just look at that image and say "Yep, I'm good for another 10 days now?" :lol

Hahah! No. I'm heading to EB come lunch to pre-order. I don't wanna be left out in the cold on release day.

Dr_Cogent said:
Hahah! No. I'm heading to EB come lunch to pre-order. I don't wanna be left out in the cold on release day.

Good idea. This is going to be a huge game. I've got mine reserved and payed off, and I figure between this and GRAW I'll probably be good for awhile, although if Blazing Angels gets good reviews, I'll be hard pressed to pass up on that one too.

Top Bottom