• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
BTW. Folks that like to use their 360 on the PC. It works great. Menus, everything.

Roche178 said:
You can stop using it as soon as you activate it I think, if you're setting up an account any chance you could set up a throwaway to share with others when you're done?

(I'm pretty desperate lol)

As far as I know they only ban you if you purchase using a VPN (It's considered tax fraud), you can activate it and they won't ban you.

Nice. I'm stuck at work so can I DL and decrypt here, back up to a USB drive and then take home and restore to my PC will I have to redecrypt?

pahamrick

spk said:
Feels like there's some negaccel/input lag going on. Disabling vsync in nvidia control panel didn't work

Go into your Documents\My Games\Skyrim\ folder and open up SkyrimPrefs.ini

Look for bMouseAcceleration=1 and change it to 0. Fixed the mouse feeling for me.

e_i

Is this game really around 5 gigs for the PC version? If so, how can this game be less than Sonic Generations?

Kud Dukan

cyberheater said:
BTW. Folks that like to use their 360 on the PC. It works great. Menus, everything.

Great to hear! I've heard some negative comments about the mouse/keyboard controls, so I'm thinking more and more about just grabbing my 360 controller and using that.

Roche

mikespit1200 said:
Nice. I'm stuck at work so can I DL and decrypt here, back up to a USB drive and then take home and restore to my PC will I have to redecrypt?

Not too sure on this, it seems like it would make you do the whole process over again.

Midou

Kud Dukan said:
Great to hear! I've heard some negative comments about the mouse/keyboard controls, so I'm thinking more and more about just grabbing my 360 controller and using that.

I find this impossible to comprehend, like, usually, first person stuff with mouse just works so much better. They would have had to try to fuck it up..

JudgeN

markot said:
Heres some quick screens of it at ultra max or whatever its called before I go sleep.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/markot/ScreenShot4.jpg[IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/markot/ScreenShot3.jpg[IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/markot/ScreenShot2.jpg[IMG]

Also some of the menus feel kinda bleh and not so great with the mouse. Alsoooo, the character customiser is still shit >.<[/QUOTE]

Is it just me or does this look blurry? Is it the AA causing this or does the game have fog?

If anyone is having the game fail when it reaches the main menu, the solution posted over at the official forums is to go to Sound in the Control Panel, click on Properties for your sound device, and under the Advanced tab select a sound format that isn't 24bit 192khz (i.e. 24bit 96khz works for me).

ihasaflavour

Neo Member
Truant said:
The game has actual shadows. Instantly infinitely better looking than Oblivion/F3.

I'm assuming so...but I have to ask. Are you playing on the PC? Would love to know what he console folks are saying about that. I've heard nothign but good things however :)

buckfutter said:
If anyone is having the game fail when it reaches the main menu, the solution posted over at the official forums is to go to Sound in the Control Panel, click on Properties for your sound device, and under the Advanced tab select a sound format that isn't 24bit 192khz (i.e. 24bit 96khz works for me).

Yeah, just wanted to post this.

Hmm ... I'll wait and see how the PC crashing on start-up issue pans out before buying this game. For those already playing on PC, have we got more than 8 quick-slots this time?

Wilbur

Banned
Maybe it's just because I'm getting this on PS3, but I couldn't give a shit about textures, pop up, draw distance, etc. That's not what I loved Oblivion for, nor will it be why I love Skyrim.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
ICJtf.png

:(((
I know that feel bro...

Barberetti said:
Hmm ... I'll wait and see how the PC crashing on start-up issue pans out before buying this game. For those already playing on PC, have we got more than 8 quick-slots this time?

Manual says 1 - 8.

Barberetti said:
I'm pretty sure the crashing has to do with sound and has already been figured out.

Wallach

For the PC, how do the hotkeys function? Do you hold down the hotkey, then click left or right to assign it to a particular hand?

Midou

Wilbury said:
Maybe it's just because I'm getting this on PS3, but I couldn't give a shit about textures, pop up, draw distance, etc. That's not what I loved Oblivion for, nor will it be why I love Skyrim.

I'm getting it on PC, and I still don't care for that stuff. I want to explore, I want to take on quests, I want hilarious things to happen.

Echoplx

PC Impressions

looks good, floaty mouse and shitty interface, performance is really iffy I'd expect new drivers/patch soon.

Still fun though

Esch

Banned
if you expect skyrim to look like the witcher 2 you're absolutely off your rocker. I don't expect this game to even look as good as W2 on low or medium settings.

styl3s

still debating on ps3 or 360.

wish a site would do a comparison before tomorrow, i really want to get the PS3 version but i don't want to be shafted.

Kud Dukan

grkazan12 said:
At a standstill, was the $2 worth it people, I know it's not a lot but on the fence. Steam won't ban you for this?

I may try it later, but I always have this, perhaps irrational, fear that my Steam account would get banned lol.

Philthy

styl3s said:
still debating on ps3 or 360.

wish a site would do a comparison before tomorrow, i really want to get the PS3 version but i don't want to be shafted.

Someone already posted one a page or so back. PS3 appeared to be a lot better looking. But who knows if that is a bug or what on the 360.

3chopl0x said:
PC Impressions

looks good, floaty mouse and shitty interface, performance is really iffy I'd expect new drivers/patch soon.

Still fun though

Do you have a 360 controller that you can use on your PC? If so, thoughts on how it works (UI changes?, sensitivity, general, etc.)?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom