• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The first trailer for the Nintendo Switch version of Lego Horizon Adventures has been released.

Draugoth

Gold Member
he trailer above premiered during a Nintendo Direct presentation on Tuesday.

Announced during this month’s Summer Game Fest showcase, the action adventure title will hit PS5, PC and Nintendo’s console this holiday season.

Co-developed by Sony‘s Guerrilla Games and Studio Gobo, it’s billed as “a playful and light-hearted story inspired by the events of the world of Horizon”.

That 2 seconds of LEGO Aloy on the dancefloor has more personality then the two main games combined...

I hope it's good, I guess, but this is like if you convinced me, a person who has no idea who Metallica are, that they started with Death Magnetic and Reload, and that Ride the Lightning is their latest album.

My point is, after two mediocre and derivative games, getting to play one that is actually exciting in any way, just feels hollow.

Nankatsu

Excuse me?

Join the what now? She-hunter? For crying out loud...

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

CamHostage

PlayStation Publishing is the label, eh? I had guessed that LEGO itself would have done the off-PS releases but Sony's all-in on the cross-platform release here (except for no online crossing.)

Looks good on Switch. The look is simplified and effects are removed, but the overall look is colorful and fun, and the framerate holds fine. Good to see it working out.

Last edited:

Codes 208

This will somehow get dunked on by lego zelda or megablocks elden ring

The tradition has to continue

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

She hunter.... lol I was planning to buy it when it was 5$. now ill wait for it for free on epic store or humble bundle for 3$ to charity. not giving these devs a cent. She hunter up ur ass. how is that?

after listening to it few times. its machine hunter.. fine back to 5$

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
To pretend that they manage to be better than an actual good-looking game is crazy, I would say that anyone calling the new 2D Zelda, for example, worse than any of those deserves to be called out.

Dude you just trying to hard.

Listen, the best part of the State of Play was Astro Bot and has nothing to do with graphics or good-looking, so keep calling folks out.

nial

Dude you just trying to hard.

Listen, the best part of the State of Play was Astro Bot and has nothing to do with graphics or good-looking, so keep calling folks out.
I'm talking about the gameplay itself, and it wasn't even part of that State of Play, lol.

Fake

Gold Member
I'm talking about the gameplay itself, and it wasn't even part of that State of Play, lol.

I just give you an example lol. WTF is happening to you? Why are you getting so defensive?

Already give you my take, nothing there was said as an absolute true. Some people will find the game good, but I not. I was never a fan of LEGO games, neither putting Alloy inside LEGO world lmao.

vivftp

nial

I just give you an example lol. WTF is happening to you? Why are you getting so defensive?
Oh sorry, legitimately misunderstood that part, but I don't know how you could seriously have that take unless you have irrational hatred for anything Horizon, or just trying to be a little edgy.

midnightAI

She hunter.... lol I was planning to buy it when it was 5$. now ill wait for it for free on epic store or humble bundle for 3$ to charity. not giving these devs a cent. She hunter up ur ass. how is that?

after listening to it few times. its machine hunter.. fine back to 5$
Well, for one, that's a Nintendo voice over not the Devs or even Sony/Lego marketing
And for another...
'MACHINE' hunter Aloy

Nydius

That trailer was significantly better than the cringe hot dog one from SGF. Actually showed a decent slice of gameplay and world building rather than trying to be cheesy.

PlayStation Publishing is the label, eh? I had guessed that LEGO itself would have done the off-PS releases but Sony's all-in on the cross-platform release here (except for no online crossing.)

Looks good on Switch. The look is simplified and effects are removed, but the overall look is colorful and fun, and the framerate holds fine. Good to see it working out.

Yeah, that is the more surprising part IMO. They let the MLB League handle publishing on non-PlayStation platforms for that game, so I thought they'd let LEGO handle publishing on the Switch. Nope, SIE's own publishing label will be doing that themselves.

I'm trying to remember...did SCEA or the other SCE branches back in the day directly handle publishing of games like Wipeout and Destruction Derby on N64/Saturn/Windows/DOS? Or was that Psygnosis? Because Sony had acquired them prior, but still had Psygnosis's publishing label running concurrently for a good number of years until the early '00s.

And I think it was Psygnosis who handled publishing on non-PlayStation platforms. I could go in deeper on what PS Studios publishing the game themselves on Switch is probably gonna signify more of over time, but I'm kinda at a point where I just don't care. It is what it is, it's gonna be what it's gonna be. At this point I guess the good thing is more people'll get to play the games where they are so yay, the marketing slogan wins.

nial

Yeah, that is the more surprising part IMO. They let the MLB League handle publishing on non-PlayStation platforms for that game
It's not that they let that happen, that was part of their deal with MLB. Hard to believe that SIE would not want most of the money for each copy sold on non-PlayStation platforms. I also don't think LEGO has a video game publishing business.
I'm trying to remember...did SCEA or the other SCE branches back in the day directly handle publishing of games like Wipeout and Destruction Derby on N64/Saturn/Windows/DOS? Or was that Psygnosis?
Psygnosis, of course, they were also a separate publisher on PS1. Wipeout and Destruction Derby were directly published by SCE only in Japan, due to Psygnosis not having any Japanese office (and they didn't need one, anyway).

CamHostage

I'm trying to remember...did SCEA or the other SCE branches back in the day directly handle publishing of games like Wipeout and Destruction Derby on N64/Saturn/Windows/DOS?
I also don't think LEGO has a video game publishing business.

Thank you for your responses and conversation

...However, I actually made a mistake IMO commenting on the publisher label here -- the first LEGO Horizon Adventures post unfortunately careened into being 80% about the cross-plat and only slightly about the gameplay. So to give this Switch version its proper due, I moved my response to your posts to a different thread more about the publisher sitch. Follow up there to continue this topic if you please...

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Sometimes people hear what they want as a reason to not like something.

Does she hunter make any kind of sense? Not really.

In today's world? Unfortunately it does, and wouldn't surprise me at all if they pull a sentence like that.

But yeah, it's machine hunter. I swear to god I heard she-hunter the first time around :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom