• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Getaway Black Monday delayed to 2005

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/11/news_6104653.html

The bad news: American fans of the Getaway, 2003's combination of Grand Theft Auto-style driving and Britcrime-flavored action, will have to wait a while longer for a second helping. The game's developer, SCEE London Studio, announced today that The Getaway: Black Monday won't make it to US shores until January 2005. No reason for the delay was given.

The good news: British gamers won't have to wait to get their hands on Black Monday. SCEE London Studio reps confirmed to GameSpot that the game will ship in the UK in late November, as scheduled. The game will be PlayStation 2-exclusive on both sides of the Atlantic.

" No reason for the delay was given"

Heh I think everyone knows why. :p

I expect a few more delays to follow, the later months of this year are just too crowded and alot of games are going to get overlooked if they aren't delayed.

Trevelyon

Andreas would've pummeled it beyond recognition, no need to pointlessly squander sales.

A March release is far better suited.

Dekajelly

efralope said:
RE4 vs. The Getaway?

I wonder who will win, since first Getaway did like 1.5 million copies

2.6 million copies
party.gif

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Trevelyon said:
Andreas would've pummeled it beyond recognition, no need to pointlessly squander sales.
Yep. Well, I wouldn't have had time to play it this year anyways! Gives me something to play next year.

Top Bottom