• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Griffey hate can now officially start again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, the injury-prone cry-baby has torn his hammy.

He did just enough to get his 500th home run and get the All-Star invite then he's hurt. Not only will he miss the All-Star game and the Home Run Derby, but my guess is he will miss most of the rest of the season.

So now that he got his 500 club and all that is over and done, we can now bad mouth him like always.

Alucard

Banned
What the heck happened to this guy's career? Seriously, I remember him being absolutely dominant with the Mariners and now he seems like a regular guy when he comes up to bat.

p.s. baseball still sucks.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Invader Zim said:
Once again, the injury-prone cry-baby has torn his hammy.

He did just enough to get his 500th home run and get the All-Star invite then he's hurt. Not only will he miss the All-Star game and the Home Run Derby, but my guess is he will miss most of the rest of the season.

So now that he got his 500 club and all that is over and done, we can now bad mouth him like always.

What a worthless HOFer! A real man would play through that torn hammy!

A real man would actually do his workouts like a team player so he doesn't tear his hammy in the first place.

He's torn it for the last 3 years now because he doesn't do anything to prevent it.

He should have never left Seattle. If he was still a Mariner, he'd be past 600 homers by now. Barry Bonds stole his mojo after he went to Cincy.

Ninja Scooter said:
He should have never left Seattle. If he was still a Mariner, he'd be past 600 homers by now. Barry Bonds stole his mojo after he went to Cincy.

IAWTP

I kinda wonder wtf happened to the mariners after the 115 win season, but I have to admit they still seem like a more cohesive team with Ichiro. The playoff bouts with the Yankees (in the Randy/Griffey/Alex era) were amazing but I wonder if even the Yanks could afford payroll on a roster with those three guys.

Socreges

Banned
Griffey was so awesome. His homeruns were just so... stylish. Y'know? He's got a great swing. But it just isn't as eluring when he's hitting grounders to short and whiffing on a sinker. What a terrible shame. I really wonder what his career would be like if he hadn't left Seattle.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Socreges said:
Griffey was so awesome. His homeruns were just so... stylish. Y'know? He's got a great swing. But it just isn't as eluring when he's hitting grounders to short and whiffing on a sinker. What a terrible shame. I really wonder what his career would be like if he hadn't left Seattle.

Griffey was awesome. He looks REALLY OLD in a Cincy uni though...

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
He needs to call it a career. Maybe it's the water in Cincincatti. He never got hurt in Seattle.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
1. Trade Sean Casey while his value is high
2. Move Dunn to first
3. Move Griffey to left

Shinobi

Didn't he pull his hamstring just running up the first base line a couple years ago? I think this guy is cursed regardless. Of course when you see who placed the curse on him, it isn't too surprising...

img_np_40d_yamauchi70.jpg

"Don't fuck with me."

meanwhile Ichiro just set the record for hits in the first 4 years of a career (something like 840) and is chugging along towards another batting title. HA HA GRIFFEY M'S DON"T NEED YOU!

Ecrofirt

Shinobi said:
Didn't he pull his hamstring just running up the first base line a couple years ago? I think this guy is cursed regardless. Of course when you see who placed the curse on him, it isn't too surprising...

img_np_40d_yamauchi70.jpg

"Don't fuck with me."

You're not fucking kidding. He's a freaking monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom