• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GT4 Nike LE...

j_nike_gt4.jpg

p_ptshirt.jpg

p_pshoe.jpg

p_pgame.jpg

http://www.jp.playstation.com/game/granturismo/nike_gt4.html

Axsider

Banned
p_ptshirt.jpg

If you got an Eye-Toy camera and you are wearing the shirt, the camera will recognize the logo on your shirt and it will unlock an extra-car in GT4. A car, created by the NIKE-designers!
Nice idea! I like it! :)

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Axsider said:
If you got an Eye-Toy camera and you are wearing the shirt, the camera will recognize the logo on your shirt and it will unlock an extra-car in GT4. A car, created by the NIKE-designers!
Nice idea!
$50 eyetoy + $300 LE version of game in order to get extra car != nice idea, to me.

Then again if I was spending $300+ on GT4 and some 50cent shoes I probably would want something more than a t-shirt and a case to carry them in.

Troidal

Well, you can still unlock the car without using the EyeToy and wearing the damn shirt. Probably just a bit more challenging in the game.

$300 for this? Nah, no thanks.

hirokazu said:
nice memcard case

also, special cover for this Nike version? will that car be exclusive to that version?
p_pgame.jpg

Yah that's the car. If you go to the link I posted in my first post you'll see a bigger silhouette of the car.

Unison

What the heck do shoes and T-shirts have to do with a racing game? They could have at least included driving gloves! :lol

I am sure within two days of this being released, we'll be able to download and print out a scan of the t-shirt to tape to ourselves, so we can get the hawt unlockable car.

Axsider said:
p_ptshirt.jpg

I truly fear this becoming a popular trend...

FortNinety said:
I truly fear this becoming a popular trend...

Konami's doing something similar where if you have the First Bite music disk you'll get a secret camo for MGS3. I think they're also doing one for the official soundtrack.

I think it's pretty cool actually. As long as its extras like this and not game modes then its all cool.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Axsider said:
p_ptshirt.jpg

Well...THAT makes up for no online, lol.

Seriously though, that is a cool idea.

hirokazu

dskillzhtown said:
Well...THAT makes up for no online, lol.

Seriously though, that is a cool idea.

yeah, i like the idea, but this seems certainly to be a Japan-only thing, so there better be some other way... oh, and the fact that i wouldn't buy this even if this was released outside Japan. :p

There's going to be a way to unlock it in the game if you don't have the game. This just seems to be way to unlock it right away.

PD has been doing alot of cool things with GT4. They held a contest at SEMA this year and the winner of it got his car put into GT4.

hirokazu

Unison said:
Know what would be cooler? Releasing it.

i checked an Australian website today, and it had the date as 31/3/2005! i thought the Europe release was only delayed till January!? me am cry T_T

Here's some new GT4 pics including the Nike car:

GT.jpg

GT1.jpg

GT2.jpg

GT3.jpg

GT4.jpg

GT5.jpg

GT6.jpg

Also some pics showing the GT Resorts mode along with some new courses (with comparison shots of the real ones):

http://gtquiz.s10.xrea.com/gtlounge/04tokyo/index.htm

Turns out that if you have the Eyetoy cam you can also use it to wash your car by hand (seriously). Thanks to GTplanet for the info.

The official site updated also:

http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/gt4/

In the music section at the bottom it says "My Mix". Could that be a hint that we'll be able to rip our own music? There was a rumor awhile back that GT4 would take advantage of the harddrive but it was never revealed.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I'm sure you could just print out the pattern that's on the t-shirt onto a piece of paper and hold it up in front of the Eyetoy cam in order to unlock the car in the same way.

And LOL @ the Eyetoy car wash. Doesn't make up for the lack of online play but I'd still be interested to see how well they implemented it.

lunlunqq

dog$ said:
$50 eyetoy + $300 LE version of game in order to get extra car != nice idea, to me.

Then again if I was spending $300+ on GT4 and some 50cent shoes I probably would want something more than a t-shirt and a case to carry them in.

Is that car only in the special edition?

I wonder if we can just download the "special picture", print it onto black paper, and then hold the paper to our chest while standing in front of the EyeToy to unlock the car...

GT4 is officially completed.

"GT4 really is huge. The game makes use of a dual layered DVD, totaling, Yamauchi revealed, over nine gigabytes of data."

"Taking into account all cars, including concept cars, historical cars, race cars and cars from year 2005 and beyond, the game has over 700 total (we're sure Yamauchi knows the exact number, but he's just being shy)."

"The fifty courses from the game include a previously unrevealed one: the new Fuji Speedway '05 course, which is set to open (in real life) in April of 2005."

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/564/564800p1.html

gtmax

So the 1,000 car claim wasn't that crazy, eh?

Where's Alpha Flakes? Seems as though they replaced all backgrounds (not meaning buildings adn such, but mountains and landscapes) with bit maps so as to use the extra polys on 3D crowds and...well i don't know what else. Does better 'lighting' take up more polys?

acklame

i'm really excited about GT4 again, i look forward to spending hundred of hours in this...goddamn i can't wait! yet another time sink like gta:sa heh

where's that page with the gt resort pic? i saw it earlier today but i can't find the link now

Top Bottom