• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The House of the Dead 2 Remake Has Been Rated in Europe

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I really enjoyed the remake of the first game, hopefully this is more of the same.

also

maxresdefault.jpg

RickMasters

I miss light gun games. Damn shame how the whole genre seemed to just die off years ago.

Has it got something to do with LED/LCD screens? I just find it strange how we don’t have light gun games anymore. I used to love them.

Astral Dog

I miss light gun games. Damn shame how the whole genre seemed to just die off years ago.

Has it got something to do with LED/LCD screens? I just find it strange how we don’t have light gun games anymore. I used to love them.
I just thought sales died out , the Wii had pretty interesting rail shooter games, but mostly been made for arcades

Dutchy

Played the shit out of the first two games on Dreamcast. Same with typing of the dead.

Games had a surprising amount of replay value given the genre. Lots of secret easter eggs and alternate pathways and such.

ViperZombie

Neo Member

I miss them too, the old school light guns don't work with the modern TV's, although I recently got a Sinden lightgun for my PC and have been enjoying old arcade games like Time Crisis, House of the dead and Virtua Cop. It uses a camera at the front of the gun and a on screen border to work, and it works with any tv, it takes a little bit of setting up but works really well.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
First remake is kinda meh

They need to do way better to do justice to the franchise. Also, 2 is the best of the series

Shut0wen

Banned

Apparently current tvs are pretty delayed wben playing those type of games and old cert tvs are the only way of playing them though i remember reading years ago someone was able to create something which allowed led tvs to play them without any lag input

A.Romero

I miss them too, the old school light guns don't work with the modern TV's, although I recently got a Sinden lightgun for my PC and have been enjoying old arcade games like Time Crisis, House of the dead and Virtua Cop. It uses a camera at the front of the gun and a on screen border to work, and it works with any tv, it takes a little bit of setting up but works really well.
I'm jelly. I wish I could justify the cost of a Sinden.

Top Bottom