• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Iron Giant SE finally gets a release date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT - 7/23/04: Scroll down for the latest.

It's been a long time coming, to say the least:
IronGiant_cover_1088556275.jpg

Release date: September 7th, 2004
SRP: $19.97
Specs:
The Iron Giant Special Edition DVD will be presented in a new transfer in anamorphic widescreen format with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. Bonus materials include:

Eight never-before-seen additional scenes with introductions by Brad Bird, including an alternate opening sequence.

13 mini documentaries revealing the origin and the in-depth development process of The Iron Giant.

Interviews with creative consultant Teddy Newton on the storyboard sequence development process.

The Voice Of The Giant: Brad Bird and Vin Diesel discuss voicing The Iron Giant.

Scene-specific commentaries by filmmakers

A motion gallery of original animation

A letter from Ted Hughes, author of the original book upon which the film was based.

DVD-ROM access to the original web site and "Easter eggs" revealing the behind-the-scenes filmmaking process.

Source: http://dvd.ign.com/articles/527/527249p1.html

Finally, Brad Bird's masterpiece gets the DVD treatment it deserves! Until we have to buy it again on HD-DVD/Blu-Ray, of course...

The Iron Giant is easily one of my most loved movies of all time and by far my favorite animated film. This coupled with The Incredibles should make the fall an excellent time for fans of animated storytelling! Can't wait to see what Brad's up to next.

Yes, the dreaded snapper returns, but honestly it doesn't bother me one bit as I'd take it in a paper sleeve if I had to!

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Amazing movie. Snap case kinda sucks and the extras aren't all that appealing to me, but I'll buy it anyways.

Guess what just got delayed FOR THE 50 BILLIONTH TIME...

The bad: New release date (grain of salt): November 16th, 2004.
The awesome: BYE BYE SNAPPER!

newgiant_cover_1090542846.jpg

Apparently it takes two months to remove a black line from cover art and to learn the incredibly complex technique of printing on paper rather than cardboard.

Hit IGN DVD for the story.

J2 Cool

Yes! Those snapper cardboard cases look like shit in collections. This movie definetly deserves the best. Cant wait for it. October/November/December will seriously kick ass. Ren and Stimpy, Iron Giant, Star Wars, GTA: San Andreas, MGS3, Halo 2, The Incredibles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom