• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Karate Kid: Street Rumble Official Reveal Trailer

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
GameMill Entertainment has announced The Karate Kid: Street Rumble, a 16-bit-styled multiplayer side-scrolling beat-'em-up. It's in development for PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch, and it's due to be released on September 20 (description taken from video).

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
“We have Shredder’s Revenge at home”

Švejk

Banned
Why tho... Why not something more fitting, like ThunderCats? That would be a fantastic 3-4p co-op beat'em up. Even a chibi style would be acceptable with those characters.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
That actually looks like a lot of fun. My son was watching the remake last night, and I told him to check out the original and it is not streaming anywhere.

The remake with Jaden Smith was better.
Boombox Shut Up GIF

This one song from Karate Kid is better than all of the remake.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Assuming it's the same developer (maybe not? this is sprites and i think the others were 2.5D?), this is actually the third game in the franchise. Game Mill already did two Cobra Kai brawlers.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Can't really say I have enough nostalgia for the IP to care about this, though I did see the first few films as a kid. Maybe this is meant to target the fans of that spinoff TV show.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Can't really say I have enough nostalgia for the IP to care about this, though I did see the first few films as a kid. Maybe this is meant to target the fans of that spinoff TV show.

Come on, fighting as Mr Miyagi should be a raised eyebrow at the very least lol

The remake with Jaden Smith was better.
Doesn’t he teach him Kung-Fu in that one?
Fucking weird, they should’ve just called it something else…. like The Kung-Fu kid and they could’ve started to franchise it. Then the next movie could be about a another loner kid getting bullied so some old … let’s say a kickboxing champion from the 80s’ teaches this kid how to kick box and this one is called The Kickboxing Kid and so on and so on.
Then the final movie in this franchise is a congregation of all these new champions and they all have to fight each other with their honed fighting style….. and we’ll call it Bloodsport the Final, what a missed opportunity (to have a blockbuster franchise) for this studio.

IAmRei

Hey, this genre is kind of rising this time. I see almost each month there is new beat em up game released. I think there is some new "old" trend is moving in this year. Good for BMP fans lately <3

I'm also making BMP genre my self, still at rough phase though.

Assuming it's the same developer (maybe not? this is sprites and i think the others were 2.5D?), this is actually the third game in the franchise. Game Mill already did two Cobra Kai brawlers.

Love Cobra Kai but never heard of these games. Looks very much like shovelware…

Top Bottom