• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Matrix Online Beta emails?

EGM92

Hey guys,

I just got an email saying I was accepted into the beta.. problem is I don't remember registering for the beta. Now this is weird cause it asks for me to supply my credit card info etc. Has anyone here gotten an email like this?

## Broadcast depth##
## Incoming Transmission...
## PAX // HvCFT IF-THEN
## RELAY Initialized - Beta Testing

Congratulations XXXXXX

You have been selected to participate in The Matrix Online Beta! A link to the MxO installation files will be sent to you once registration is complete. Make sure you are at the computer you will be using before starting the registration process. This link is functional for a limited time, so download the files immediately. (21 MB Installer download initially—broadband recommended.)

Registration Tips:

Please follow these registration tips, as any incorrect information may prevent you from participating in The Matrix Online Beta.
· Enter your real Name.
· Use your correct Email address.
· Enter your actual Date of Birth.
· Provide us with VALID credit card information. (Your card will NOT be charged.)
· Make sure your Billing Address matches the information your credit card company has on file.
· Make sure you keep your Username and Password in a secure location.

NDA Information:

This is a CLOSED phase of the MxO Beta. Posting any information outside of the official Beta Test area is grounds for removal from the test pool. The only place you may post any information regarding the MxO beta is on the official MxO Beta Boards. Posting to any other message board system is strictly forbidden.

Registration link:

Click or copy the following link into your web browser to complete the remaining NDA and registration process.

https://members.warnerbros.com/web/registration/enter.jsp

Web Email users: You will need to “Copy & Paste” the link to the registration page into a browser such as Internet Explorer in order to guarantee successful registration for your MxO beta account. If you use a web email system (such as many of the free email account providers), do not click on the link in this invitation email. Rather, “Copy & Paste” the link into your internet browser in order to begin the registration process.

(Click the Create New Account link to start the registration process).

Use the following Beta Authorization Code to confirm your receipt of this email which authorizes you as an official MxO Beta Tester. Note: This is a single-use key. Make sure you download the game client to the machine you plan on using for beta testing.

Beta Authorization Code:XXXX

Thank you,

The Matrix Online Team

shoplifter

That looks legit to me, considering the WB address is real.

I'll be damned if I'd give them my CC# for a fucking beta test though.

shoplifter

element said:
CC is only to prove age. they don't charge anything.

Still information about me that THEY DONT REALLY NEED.

Were I to ask them for one of the company's many account numbers at their bank (you know, just to make sure they're not going to use my CC# for ANYTHING) I'd be laughed at. Yes, I realize this is stretching, but if you think they need a CC# for proof of age only, that's ridiculous.

element

shoplifter said:
Still information about me that THEY DONT REALLY NEED.

Were I to ask them for one of the company's many account numbers at their bank (you know, just to make sure they're not going to use my CC# for ANYTHING) I'd be laughed at. Yes, I realize this is stretching, but if you think they need a CC# for proof of age only, that's ridiculous.
it happens with other services. i too think it is stupid to have a CC required, but whatever. as long as they dont charge me.

EGM92

Ok so I'm checking my email and I just got ANOTHER EMAIL! to my suprise same person tht it was registered to but different activation number which was really weird... so I guess this is a fake. BE WARNED PEOPLE KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR The Matrix Online Team <support@thematrixonline.com>

ManaByte

Gold Member
EGM92 said:
Ok so I'm checking my email and I just got ANOTHER EMAIL! to my suprise same person tht it was registered to but different activation number which was really weird... so I guess this is a fake. BE WARNED PEOPLE KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR The Matrix Online Team <support@thematrixonline.com>

Why would a fake email direct you to the official site?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Not saying that this IS real or anything, but I got two unsolicited WoW beta keys in my email several months ago :D :D

Moral of the story is... eh. I guess it's not a moral. The POINT is, things like this can happen.

EGM92

You know someone can create a shell... makes it look like the real thing, links a lot of the real things to the shell once you register I get all the info not the server... unfortunatly this is what happensi... I have 3 other friends who have been getting emails as such and they didn't even know there was a matrix online game!.

Damn, too bad I would have liked to see what the game is really like. Oh well I guess there's better things to do.

EGM92

I've got 2 emails for "Red Phil" my friends got one from "Toejam", 2 from "Pepsi" and "Unla"

If you want to give it a try... I'll give you the activation code but don't blame me if anything does happen.

Top Bottom