• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Melvins are touring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug. 28, 2004 Sacramento(Orangevale), CA the Boardwalk Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Aug. 30, 2004 Salt Lake City, UT Club Sound(formerly Bricks) Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 1, 2004 Denver(Englewood), CO Gothic Theatre Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 2, 2004 Fort Collins, CO Aggie Theater Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 4, 2004 Lawrence, KS the Bottleneck Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 5, 2004 Omaha, NE Ranch Bowl Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 6, 2004 Des Moines, IA Hairy Mary's Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 7, 2004 Minneapolis, MN Fine Line Music Cafe Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant, the Sea Whores
Sep. 8, 2004 Milwaukee, WI Rave Bar Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 9, 2004 Chicago, IL Double Door Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 10, 2004 Indianapolis, IN the Patio Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 11, 2004 Detroit, MI Magic Stick Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 12, 2004 Cleveland, OH Grog Shop Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 13, 2004 Pittsburgh(Millvale), PA Mr. Smalls Theatre Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant, Vaz
Sep. 15, 2004 Boston(Cambridge), MA Middle East Cafe Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant, Vaz
Sep. 17, 2004 New York, NY Webster Hall Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant, Vaz
Sep. 18, 2004 Philadelphia, PA TLA Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant, Vaz
Sep. 19, 2004 Washington, DC Black Cat Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant, Vaz
Sep. 20, 2004 Carrboro, NC Cat's Cradle Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 21, 2004 Spartanburg, SC Ground Zero Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 22, 2004 Athens, GA 40 Watt Club Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 23, 2004 Tallahassee, FL Beta Bar Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 24, 2004 Orlando, FL the Social(formerly Sapphire) Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 25, 2004 St. Petersburg, FL State Theatre Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 26, 2004 Jacksonville, FL Jack Rabbits Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 27, 2004 Gainesville, FL Market Street Pub Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 29, 2004 Birmingham, AL Zydeco Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Sep. 30, 2004 Nashville, TN Exit Inn Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Oct. 1, 2004 Louisville, KY Headliner's Music Hall Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Oct. 2, 2004 Memphis, TN New Daisy Theatre Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Oct. 3, 2004 New Orleans, LA One Eyed Jacks Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Oct. 5, 2004 Houston, TX Engine Room Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Oct. 6, 2004 Austin, TX Emo's Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Oct. 7, 2004 Dallas, TX Trees Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Oct. 9, 2004 Albuquerque, NM Launch Pad Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Oct. 10, 2004 Phoenix(Tempe), AZ Big Fish Pub Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Oct. 11, 2004 San Diego, CA Casbah Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Oct. 12, 2004 Costa Mesa, CA Detroit Bar Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Oct. 14, 2004 Los Angeles, CA Troubadour Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant
Oct. 16, 2004 San Francisco, CA Great American Music Hall Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant

---

Come on, this is a big deal. They haven't done a big tour like this in a while! And it's been a while since a new CD's come out.

fart

Savant
actually i think they toured this spring? i missed them then too

unless you mean tour including places that suck, in which case yah it has been a while since they've done one of those

PIGS OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE, the Melvins umpteenth and newest release. Remember, anything worth having is worth suffering for, so why risk it?! DANG! Not since their legendary LYSOL record have the Melvins created something this listener friendly. Severely modern...

For PIGS OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE the Melvins joined forces with creative electronic genius, LUST MORD ,who is known to the world for collaborating with Throbbing Gristle and as a member of monstrous noise pioneers, SPK.

Shockingly, even the Melvins and Lustmord were blown away by the dizzying array of overabundant originality this dynamic pairing created!

Remember, anything worth doing, is worth overdoing!

As if that wasn't enough, the Melvins stunned the literary and intellectually stunted art world, with the release of their 300 page coffee table art book, "Neither Here nor There" earlier this year.

The book also includes a 19 song Melvins retrospective cd. "Neither Here Nor There" is a monstrous Melvins milestone. No other band in the history of music has ever done anything this amazing!

Starting in late August the Melvins, along with Trevor Dunns Trio Convulsant will head out on a cross country promotional tour. This will be professionally top notch and not some bullshit pussy tour set up by a bunch of one armed foreign midget retards. Don't miss out on what will be "the greatest shows ever gave". Get your tickets now now now!

As if all of that weren't enough the long awaited Jello Biafra with the Melvins record "Never breath what you can't see" is planned for an October release. This is an amazing accomplishment considering the incredible load of legal shit that's been handed to Jello by his ex-band mates. The Melvins feel it is an honor and a privilege to work with Jello and stand behind him in his personal and professional battles.

A lot of things haven't changed.
The masses and the media still don't know shit.
When some son of a bitch sells you something you still expect the goddamn thing to work.
The Melvins and Ipecac still know what they are doing despite wishy washy idiots who insist on trying to do the driving.
After more than twenty fucking years the core-band of King Buzzo and Dale Crover remains intact and they still have Kevin Rutmanis playing bass!

It would be criminally and morally irresponsible not to get behind, promote and endorse The Melvins with every tool (legal and illegal) possible.

Get busy, Don't fight it, just do it!

Here's the tracklisting:
#1 III
#2 The Bloated Pope
#3 Toadi Acceleratio
#4 Pigs of the Roman Empire
#5 Pink Bat
#6 Zzzz Best
#7 Safety Third
#8 Idolatrous Apostate
#9 Untitled + hidden track

The last time I saw them was with Tomahawk. They're fucking HARSH on the ears. So fucking great, though.

I've never heard Trevor Dunn's group, but as far as I can understand, they're jazz oriented. He's of Fantomas and Mr. Bungle, btw.

Anyway, yeah, I meant that they haven't really covered the whole country in a long while.

fart

Savant
i was actually really pissed i missed them last time, guess i'll see if i can make it IN OCTOBER

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
Cool, I haven't seem them in 10 years or so.
Sep. 15, 2004 Boston(Cambridge), MA Middle East Cafe Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant, Vaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom