• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dekline

Listening to !T.O.O.H.! from the Czech Republic right now:

ibcBVJA9PJjjkY.jpg

The vocals...Very crazy.

Ja Samaritan

Padaji, piskaji

blahness

I had no idea they were still around. I would definitely see them if I could.

The band's vocalist and guitarist, Humanoid, was recently diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and considering their last live performance, they will probably not be touring anytime soon. :(

From the band's facebook page:
"First and last. Hi, yesterday's show in Ostrava ended disastrously. It was a kind of test, in which we failed. We found out that his brother's illness is incompatible with live performance. Humanoid was after the performance hugely frustrated. He can't give his usual performance - it's for him too stressful. Exist as studio project it is for him pointless. Democratic Solution will be our farewell. Awaits us now still some work / vocals, mixing, the overall sound..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqiZdbSJuNw

dekline

The band's vocalist and guitarist, Humanoid, was recently diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and considering their last live performance, they will probably not be touring anytime soon. :(

From the band's facebook page:
"First and last. Hi, yesterday's show in Ostrava ended disastrously. It was a kind of test, in which we failed. We found out that his brother's illness is incompatible with live performance. Humanoid was after the performance hugely frustrated. He can't give his usual performance - it's for him too stressful. Exist as studio project it is for him pointless. Democratic Solution will be our farewell. Awaits us now still some work / vocals, mixing, the overall sound..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqiZdbSJuNw

I had no idea.

It's been almost 8 years since Order which was an incredible album. Hopefully they don't rush this out because they feel they have to.

DanaInPurple

Neo Member
wow in chilangolandia?! Anyways, saw them in Los Angeles last year. They're great live.

also, if you go, just stay close to Teemu and admire his beautiful locks of hair as he shreds.

Si, en chilangolandia! I can't freakin' wait, This band is in my top 5 and can't miss them, and shall keep what you say about Teemu on mind, however every single long haired dude has better hair than I do.... including my bf :(

Sweeeet. Wish I could have caught them on their last tour, maybe next time.

Jumping to a Folk Metal direction, going to Paganfest USA in less than 2 weeks. Seen Tyr before, know what to expect there (awesomeness). Ensiferum and Metsatoll are who I'm most excited to see for the first time. Can't wait.

Aaaaand, here's Finntroll's new video. I dig it, although I've never been big on horns I can't say no to catchy folk metal played by steampunk trolls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbpwQmTThUA

Sami from Ensiferum is an absolute blast. So grateful and a really cool guy. Petri is Petri. Living in his own world. Feeding that belly :p They are pretty awesome live.

The Pagan Fest you will attend sounds like the gig Hydranockz and I went to last january, Ensiferum, TYR... no Metsatoll sadly, they are brilliant. I went to the very first Pagan Fest Mexico last friday, with Alestorm, Trollfest, Ex Deo and Heidevolk.... and I am telling you, Heidevolk just kick any arse. Those vocals are mind blowing. Alestorm and Ex deo <3 Trollfest, not my style but great musicians live.

And yep, Sami is such a gentleman, he greeted us (Hydranockz and myself) as if we were friends since forever lol, such a swetheart. Yeah, Petri was in the "no pictures" attitude most of the time, but then he said it was ok, theeeeeeeen he spent sometime whispering things at Emmi before heading off to the show, they were only looking at us for aaaaaages, but not a single "Hi" ¬¬, however, they are brilliant live.

TYR were just beyond great. and made some irishman very happy when played and dedicated "The Wild Rover" to him :B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhYkaitxzA

Best experience I could have ever shared with the bf and friends :D

TYR were just beyond great. and made some irishman very happy when played and dedicated "The Wild Rover" to him :B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhYkaitxzA

Best experience I could have ever shared with the bf and friends :D

Good god, that crowd is fucking fantastic. At least 10 times bigger than the one at the show I'll be attending (Baltimore, MD) for sure. Glorious.

Really excited now. I hope they play The Wild Rover when I see them. And I'm definitely super excited for Heidevolk.

Edit: Just realized it's HEIDEVOLK who are playing this show, not Metsatoll. I saw Metsatoll last year with Korpiklaani and Moonsorrow. I knew who I meant, though. Been spinning Batavi a lot recently.

DanaInPurple

Neo Member
Good god, that crowd is fucking fantastic. At least 10 times bigger than the one at the show I'll be attending (Baltimore, MD) for sure. Glorious.

Really excited now. I hope they play The Wild Rover when I see them. And I'm definitely super excited for Heidevolk.

Edit: Just realized it's HEIDEVOLK who are playing this show, not Metsatoll. I saw Metsatoll last year with Korpiklaani and Moonsorrow. I knew who I meant, though. Been spinning Batavi a lot recently.

Yeah, was talking to Heidevolk guys for a good while the night before the show, they were all like" We've heard so many stories about mexican crowd and fans, so super excited" my wors were "You will see, just wait"..... then after the gig they were all like "F*cking WOW!", "I told ye, guys" I said, They were so amazed by the fact they'd play for about 1000 people.

(For the record, that same venue was sold out last year for Amon Amarth's show (2,500 souls can be held there) and the crowd was triple as great, go figure.)

Cool! defo, enjoy them, those guys are a blast!

Thanks for this, had not come across Fen before but really enjoying what I have heard so far.

I am sifting through Spotify now and sadly it only has a handful of tracks from Dustwalker. Would you recommend any of their older albums in particular? I am listening to The Malediction Fields as I type this. Good stuff, but seems perhaps more "traditional" than the track you posted. Granted, I am only on the opening track so I am likely speaking too soon on that count.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/04/0...n-newsted-announced-as-temporary-replacement/

Tom Araya will not be able to particpate in Slayer&#8217;s previously-announced summer tour dates in Europe, because he needs to undergo further surgery for the back problems that have plagued him since at least 2010. With Dave Lombardo still on the sidelines due to a financial dispute and Jeff Hanneman still on the sidelines due to a near-fatal spider bite, you would think that cancelling the trek would be a no-brainer, since any version of Slayer that played the shows would feature just one original member &#8212; namely, guitarist Kerry King.
But no! King isn&#8217;t gonna allow a little hiccup like having no band to stop him from touring! The band will proceed with their summer tour&#8230; with Jason Newsted filling-in for Araya on bass and vocals, while Gary Holt continues to fill-in for Hanneman, and Jon Dette continues to occupy Dave Lombardo&#8217;s seat behind the drum kit.

Newsted??? Can he even sing? (well, scream, ok). I'm actually kind of curious to see how this turns out live.

EDIT: I DERPED

I am so addicted to this song/album right now.

I remember seeing this album reviewed when it came out but I kind of assumed from their name and the cover that they were just a death metal band so I didn't bother checking them out. Kicking myself now.

Don't know, I like the music but the vocals... sometimes they seem a bit cheesey. Maybe it's just getting used to them.

Flynn

I am so addicted to this song/album right now.

I remember seeing this album reviewed when it came out but I kind of assumed from their name and the cover that they were just a death metal band so I didn't bother checking them out. Kicking myself now.

I wish I had caught that show with Pallbearer and Royal Thunder.

Ravager61

Don't know, I like the music but the vocals... sometimes they seem a bit cheesey. Maybe it's just getting used to them.

They definitely can be. I'm more addicted to a couple songs on the album than the whole thing. But the ones I do like, I like a lot.

I wish I had caught that show with Pallbearer and Royal Thunder.

I saw this tour but we didn't have Ancient VVisdom. Would have been cool if they had played my show. Oh well. Pallbearer and Royal Thunder killed it.

They definitely can be. I'm more addicted to a couple songs on the album than the whole thing. But the ones I do like, I like a lot.

I saw this tour but we didn't have Ancient VVisdom. Would have been cool if they had played my show. Oh well. Pallbearer and Royal Thunder killed it.

Really looking forward to seeing both of them at Roadburn! (sorry for talking about Roadburn so much, I'm just freaking pumped for it!)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

obin_gam

Been listening to Avantasias new album a bunch of times now. Not as good as Wicked Symphony, but it is up there, for sure. And for once the ballads on it are good too. Usually when it comes to Sammets ballads, you get bored to death, I think, but this time (especially the one with Eric Martin from Mr. Big) they work: What's left of me (feat. Eric Martin)

Best song, for the time being is Saviour in the clockwork (feat. Michael Kiske, Joe Lynn Turner, Biff Byford)

That new Volbeat.....this band just keeps getting better and better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrmcEfm0HkQ

and yes, that is King Diamond.

I saw the two together on stage this summer, their voices compliment eachother really well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom