• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbob

HalfPastNoon said:
Call me when the Cubs pass the Reds. Can't wait to see Prior trot out to the mound tomorrow only to allow 6 ERS and 5 walks in about 4 innings again. Bakers is going to ruin him.

Cardinals 36 27 .571 -
Reds 34 28 .548 1.5
Astros 33 28 .541 2.0
Cubs 33 29 .532 2.5
Brewers 31 29 .517 3.5
Pirates 24 35 .407 10.0

Does Friday work for you?? :D

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
????
Why would anybody even bother talking about a team that's not the Yankees or Angels?
No other team has a chance at winning, and neither the Astro's or Cubs are going to be representing the NL in the World Series anyway.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Sactown said:
????
Why would anybody even bother talking about a team that's not the Yankees or Angels?
No other team has a chance at winning, and neither the Astro's or Cubs are going to be representing the NL in the World Series anyway.

Chi Sox Vs. Angels I would love to see in the ALCS.

Sactown said:
????

Gee, I don't know, maybe the same reason you rambled on about your beloved Kings in the NBA?

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
HalfPastNoon said:
Gee, I don't know, maybe the same reason you rambled on about your beloved Kings in the NBA?

My beloved Webb, it has very little to do with the Kings actually.
C-Webb was on Jimmy Kimmel earlier this week (looking very nice, might I add), and he talked about these Finals, and how he was a huge Pistons fan (gave Kimmel a Pistons jersey), and how he wanted them to win.
Webb will be just as happy with a Pistons win as he would have been if the Kings had won, and so will I. :)

Even though he didn't win, he really did win, how many people can you say that about?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sactown said:
????

Care to step outside >_<

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
I heard the Cubs were gonna assign Sosa to AAA for a few games, but it would be too risky. Iowa is full of cottenwood.

Mrbob

Eminem said:
I heard the Cubs were gonna assign Sosa to AAA for a few games, but it would be too risky. Iowa is full of cottenwood.

LOL.

The sneeze of doom will never be forgotton! :D

Miguel

Clemens vs Prior
Astros vs Cubs

The battle of the "#2 pitchers even though they're the best pitchers on the team"

The Battle of the Incompetant Center fielders!

The Battle of the Bullpens! <---well, I didn't say it was an even battle. XD

Joe

Sactown said:
????
Why would anybody even bother talking about a team that's not the Yankees?

fixed.

Thaedolus

Does Friday work for you??

Actually, it works fine for the A's, who will take the 8 game winning streak and undefeated record vs. NL Central since interleague began into St. Louis, then Chicago. Prepare to die Cards and Cubs!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Of course he's going to lose...the Asstros cant hit for shit and facing Prior just exposes it even more :(

And my poor Adam got hurt :(

I HATE THAT FUCKING HILL.

Desperado

Wow, so the 'Stros aren't the only team who can't score with RISP and <2 outs.

Viz and Roger are the only Astros still in the game who have hits. How sad is that?

Matrix

GEEZ! Will Bags ever learn to lay off of the high inside heat?

Learn from Viz Bags!

Fifty

I like the Yahoo game notes. Think they're panicking after Everett got hurt?

"HOUSTON SHORTSTOP ADAM EVERITT LEFT THE GAME IN THE BOTTOM OF THE FIRST INNING DUE AT AN APPARENT LEFT LEG INJURY.
HOUSTON SHORTSTOP ADAM EVERETT LEFT THE GAME IN THE BOTTOM OF THE FIRST INNING DUE AT AN APPARENT LEFT LEG INJURY.
HOUSTON SHORTSTOP ADAM EVERETT LEFT THE GAME IN THE BOTTOM OF THE FIRST INNING DUE TO A STRAINED LEFT HAMSTRING."

Matrix

Ausmus has to be the saddest hitting catcher in all of baseball :(

Desperado

Cubsfan23 said:
Prior just destroyed Bagwell

Everyone destroys Bagwell. Thank God Jimy finally moved him down in the order.

And dammit, I was hoping Lane would get a hit instead of walk...I knew Ausmus certainly wasn't going to pull through. =/

Matrix

Clemens actually looks old tonight.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Desperado said:
Everyone destroys Bagwell. Thank God Jimy finally moved him down in the order.

You are not lying. Bagwell hasn't been a hard out in a few years. Clemens is getting hit tonight and of course the Astros bats are silent.

Matrix

He should destroy this sad hitting team.

Yawn, another year of White Sox offensive domination.

Stat.................MLB rank

Runs per game.....#1

Homers per game....#1

Batting average....#1

SLG percentage....#1

On-base percentage...#2 :(

OPS......#1

Hey, is Mugthis still around?

Mrbob

YES!

That 15 inning marathon win yesterday against the Angels was huge!! I'm telling you that was the victory that is going to jump start the Cubbies! With Wood and Sosa back in a little over a week it is ovAr for the NL Central!!

By the way when did the ASSSSSSSSSSSSStros hitting get so bad?

*Edit Crap Prior just got rocked on that double! I may have spoke too soon lol! I'm surprised Prior went as long as he did he already went over his pitch count in the 5th! GOOD JOB DUSTY!*

Dilbert

So, bitter after the Padres absolutely BLEW Sunday's game against the Yankees, I sent an email to my sister and girlfriend with the title "Fuck the fucking Yankees," and all that was in the body was, "Discuss." My GF (Jen) wrote back that she also hates the Yankees, because she's a Mets fan. I just got my sister's response, and since I'm STILL laughing, I thought I'd share it with all of you:

Jen, you can like the Mets all you want, as long as
you accept the Padres into your heart as the best team
in the NL West. And this is a good time to bring all
of this up, with your anticipated move: the Padres are
the best team in the NL West as mentioned above. The
Dodgers are stupid and Eric Gagne is a French,
goggle-wearing freak. The Rockies and the
Diamondbacks wear purple (it's no wonder they suck)
and are, at best, on the level of highschool baseball
teams. The Giants hide behind the egotistical Barry
Bonds, but they will soon realize just how lame they
are once Barry gives up the 'roids.

The Yankees are run by the mob. Derek Jeter is a
pussy. Joe Torre is a puppet. Don Zimmer deserves to
be smacked around some more, despite the fact he
retired. Repeat after me - the only good Yankee is a
former Yankee.

My sister rocks. :)

Ramirez

Well its good to see the Indians back on track after a few horrible seasons,heh...

We destroyed the Orioles today,14-0...and were only 4 back in the division,hell we might have a fightin chance if we keep it up :p

Desperado

Mrbob said:
The World Series champion is coming out of the NL Central this year!

More specifically the Chicago Cubs!!

We are pathetic right now. Don't feel special because y'all are beating us. =P

Mrbob

I feel special because I am finally starting to see this Cubs team get healthy and come together and play like they should!!! :D

Matrix

Mrbob said:
The World Series champion is coming out of the NL Central this year!

More specifically the Chicago Cubs!!

Cubs only win the world series every 100 years,so you have about four years left.

Desperado

Desperado said:
If we don't score in the 6th, we lose. I guarantee it.

Wow, I was right...hooray. =( Hunsicker needs to do something. ANYthing. We should not be sucking this much.

EDIT: it was 4-0 at the time, and we had the meat of the order coming up...There was a chance to come back...If we weren't the Astros. =P

Mrbob

Desperado said:
Wow, I was right...hooray. =( Hunsicker needs to do something. ANYthing. We should not be sucking this much.

Down 5-0 after the 6th and you predicted a loss you are such a great soothsayer! :D

Don't forget to vote for PRIOR in the ESPN poll!

Clemens wining 52-48% WTF. Clemens will have no steam left by September!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom