• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mortal Kombat theme gives me an adrenaline rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guzim

I'm listening to this right now, and I am pumped up for no reason whatsoever. Should I seek help or is this perfectly normal?

AeroGod

Same here. I listen to it when I drive on the freeway. It makes you go an extra 50 MPH and you dont even know why, nor do you have any control. You want to be doing 60, but your actually going 110 MPH. Its dangerous.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I loved that song when I was like 9, but Jesus Christ it has not aged well. It fucking sucks. The Synthboard effects are soooo shitty. BLEGH!

AeroGod

AlphaSnake said:
I loved that song when I was like 9, but Jesus Christ it has not aged well. It fucking sucks. The Synthboard effects are soooo shitty. BLEGH!

Have tried listening to it while you drive?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
AeroGod said:
Have tried listening to it while you drive?

I can't stand listening to it in the first place...so why would I want to have that POS in my car?

J2 Cool

yep, put it on a burned cd and threw it in the car. When it came on the accelerator was going up w/o my control. I lay off, hit brakes a little. Then try just driving and it slowly climbs back up. Insanely dangerous

Plankton

Lol I remember when that movie came out and the theme song was released. At our Primary School assembly they had these breakdancer type guys perform and they were breakdancing to the Mortal Kombat theme. They were going mental and the whole assembly looked like they wanted to break loose aswell. Its an awesome song still to this day.

Shompola

Banned
AlphaSnake said:

It has aged very well to date. I don't know what you're talking about. And what the fuck are synthboard effects.

evil ways

I found my Mortal Kombat movie soundtrack CD a few months ago on one of the drawers, popped it in and the MK theme still sounds kick ass.

I also like the Traci Lords song.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I listened for the first time the Traci Lords track a few days ago and it conviced me to buy her album.

I hope it doesn't suck as much as hers :p

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
The MK soundtracks were pretty good for their time... if I can say anything positive about those movies, it'd be they had good soundtracks. Orbital - Halcyon + On + On, nuff said...

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I felt the same way when I first watched MK in the theatre. It was the first time that I had heard the song and it just totally pumped the movie up and set the tone. When that song kicked in I knew that the movie was going to be something special. And it was.

djtiesto

Tuvoc said:
it gives me goosebumps whenever I hear it.

Orbital did it, right?

I think the original theme song was by Pragha Khan (also responsible for Lords of Acid)... And I think the Utah Saints had a remix of it.

Can someone point me to the MK movie soundtrack? I have the CD but it's fucking scratched to hell. I'd kill for the songs again.

Everyone should pick up Sasha's latest, Involver. Amazing album.

djtiesto

God's Hand said:
Can someone point me to the MK movie soundtrack? I have the CD but it's fucking scratched to hell. I'd kill for the songs again.

Everyone should pick up Sasha's latest, Involver. Amazing album.

IAWTP, it's a fantastic album, though the final 2 songs kill the mood a bit :p I never really liked Electroclash...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom