• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MSI MEG 321URX A.I. "cheaters" monitor is coming for $1699

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Time stamp is at 3:45 in case it doesn't work properly in the link

This monitor that uses AI is coming and priced at $1699, at least that was the text I got from a local shop asking if I wanted to get one preordered when they go live

I will be the guinea pig here and see what it does and does not do as soon as I can get it here :)

Imtjnotu

You Win The Fosters GIF by Good Trouble

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I think we had this discussion before. Not sure of the implications and/if Riot or other companies will allow this. They are already suing cheaters and using spyware to stop them. This most likely won't go unnoticed imo.

Poppyseed

I have the MSI MPG 321URX, and it's fantastic. This MEG version seems... well... not good on any level. Just... WHY?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I have the MSI MPG 321URX, and it's fantastic. This MEG version seems... well... not good on any level. Just... WHY?
Same one I am currently using and agreed its a fantastic monitor and this A.I. one coming seems to be the same panel but $650 for AI?

Not many are going to actually buy this thing and like The Cockatrice The Cockatrice mentioned some companies going after cheating devices so will be curious how well this thing does

Going to 100% try this thing in some games like Warzone and see what it does

Imagine if people craft malware with this for competitive games. When an opposing enemy is on the screen, the AI draws over the enemy presence so you have no chance of winning, or create fake visual overlays for keylogging/phishing purposes.

Last edited:

phant0m

Interesting. The Alienware 3225QF has some similar-ish features called "AlienVision", one will keep a permanent crosshair in the middle of your screen. Not useful in a ton of games but definitely an advantage for no-scoping in games that only have ADS crosshair.

Another displays a zoomed-in (seems to be about 1.2-1.3x) copy of the center of your screen as an overlay in the upper right.

Another overlays a very high-contrast chroma filter over the center of your screen

Frwrd

Atleast it is expensive.
Not expensive enough considering the lengths and risks cheaters are willing to take, now pair this with most of these [censored] streamers nowadays that get their cheats from the devs themselves, and now we're about to break into the 'tryhard dimension'.

Fuck online gaming man.

Top Bottom