• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Naked and Famous announce new album, "Simple Forms", premiere “Higher”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaPanda

From Consequence of Sound:
Entitled Simple Forms, it’s due out on October 14th via their label Somewhat Damaged in conjunction with Kobalt Label Services. It came together in the Echo Park home studio of guitarist/vocalist/producer Thom Powers amidst his breakup with fellow band member Alisa Xayalith. Having been together eight years — nearly the entirety of the band’s career — the split-up threatened to destroy the Naked and the Famous altogether.

“There’s pain and passion behind this art,” Xayalith said of the album in a press release. “Pop techniques are all about maximum impact. And it’s not like this is an album of bangers but it’s the most immediate thing we’ve ever done.”

Lyric video & article here. New tour dates too

giga

Glad to have new tunes from them again. Great single. Sad to hear about Thom and Alisa though.

mYm|17|

Love the new single. Last time I saw them was at the Tabernacle in Atlanta and that show was really amazing.

giga

It came together in the Echo Park home studio of guitarist/vocalist/producer Thom Powers amidst his breakup with fellow band member Alisa Xayalith. Having been together eight years — nearly the entirety of the band’s career — the split-up threatened to destroy the Naked and the Famous altogether.

⬇️

“Tonight we raise the dead, tonight we bury this in fire/ Under the shape of years and the weight that brought here,” she rallies during the incendiary chorus. The Naked and Famous might’ve been down, but in a way they’ve been born again in the flames and stand stronger than before.

Lcn0yF1RcLANG.gif

YES! About time.

Loved Passive Me, Aggressive You. Saw them live and they also put on such a great show. Perched for the new album.

HvySky

Fuck, this single is dope.

I love these guys, and a new tour is super exciting. Hope I can make it to the KC show.

Dead

well not really...yet
Oh can't wait to listen to this. Their first two albums are some of my heavily listened to of the past several years.

I love Higher. Very nice <3

This electronic pop has a tempo that is good for my running playlists. It will fit will alongside Bloodsport Soundtrack, Chvrches, florence and the machine^_^

and nice that its already on spotify. I love how every month I got a new awesome playlist<3

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Their music just makes me think of snowboarding. Thanks a lot T-Rice!

Fucking summer...

Stainless

I think the only song I really know (and love) by them is hearts like ours. I really like the one you linked. I see they're playing Nashville so I might check em out!

Quick

Banned
Glad they're coming out with new music. I was worried that they had broken up or just sort of faded away.

Glad they're back. I can't believe it's been 6 years since Young Blood came out. Time flies.

Holy shit, it's really been that long?

Stating the obvious, but Young Blood is too fucking real. It's one of the few songs that really tug at me.

Quentino

Neo Member
Big fan of TNAF and already love higher, great new song. Im confident the album will be just as great as the first two. Its just a shame that we have to wait until October for it to release. Oh well, guess i just have to put higher on constant repeat until then...

Gotta say I'm not a fan of the new album, listened to it twice now and there's something missing from it

Relistening to In Rolling Waves right now and it still holds up

Dead

well not really...yet
Gotta disagree. My only complaint is that it's a bit short, wish there was more than 10 songs, but I feel it's consistently good and features some of the best and most emotional work the band has done. Falling is amazing for example.

Feels like a great work that at once harkens back to the first album while also moving things forward.

JayB1920

Gotta disagree. My only complaint is that it's a bit short, wish there was more than 10 songs, but I feel it's consistently good and features some of the best and most emotional work the band has done. Falling is amazing for example.

Feels like a great work that at once harkens back to the first album while also moving things forward.

I agree. Although I loved In Rolling Waves this is probably their most consistent album and has several standout tracks. I also enjoyed that Thom Powers got a larger role this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom