• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the new batmobile revealed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/201211p-173665c.html
rope0609.jpg

all i can say is...wtf?

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Actually, it was unveiled quite some time ago. Looks horrible. Great cast but everything else about this movie will suck.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
cybamerc said:
Actually, it was unveiled quite some time ago. Looks horrible. Great cast but everything else about this movie will suck.

yeah.. but i wouldnt say it looks horrible.. the first batmobile was supposedly a modified military vehicle... i also think his suit might be some sort of military armor.. so it fits the whole batman beginnings thing .. i bet by the end of the movie we'll see a much more 'stylish' car and suit.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
If that script circulating around last month was real, then within the context of the story it seemed cool.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
The leaked script (dont know if it turned out to be real or not) is really good, and the script actually calls for a lamborghini mixed with a humvee, so they got it dead on by the looks of things.

mattx5

I've read the script, and in the context of the story, this Batmobile/Tumbler fits extremely well.

Remember, this is an origins tale. This Batmobile was originally some prototype tank for the military built by Wayne Enterprises while Bruce was *away*.

It's not meant to be the classic, sleek, Batmobile, it's meant to be a friggin tank! And in the script, it works.

That's all you need to know unless you would like to read the script for yourself ;)

Shinobi

karasu said:
Batman movies always have good a good cast, and they're always wasted.

More or less agree, though I wasn't a Keaton fan...but they were all wasted regardless with shit scripts, in spite of a couple of steller performances by Pfieffer and Nicholson. This movie seems to have an excellent shot of finally getting things right, so I'm not too worried. And from all accounts the Batmobile fits in just fine as well (I do have the script on my hard drive, but I've yet to read it).

I like it, but it still seems to be a case of 'too many angles'. Its basic design is fine, but there are too many flaps and seperate plates that clutter it up

way more

I think it might be a sort of homage to the batmobile in The Dark Night Returns. That thing looked like a APC.

Phoenix

Unless this movie takes place in the Sahara or in the jungle or something, I have no idea how they're going to work such an unconventional vehicle into something that would be believable - even for Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom