• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new Prodigy single has aired in Norway.!! *passes out*

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuri

Banned
I managed to hear it on the online rebroadcast from the station. The track is called GIRLS. I just filled the cup. The song sounds like mix of every major Prodigy style all mixed in one song.

The song starts with this very early '80 beat (DirtChamber Style) with two guys (i think) singing

Imagine how it would be,
to be at the top,
making the cash money.
On tour, all around the world,
tell stories about all the young girls.

for a few times and them

KABOOM!

Fat of the land style heavy bass stuff. Really. FUCKING. AWESOME stuff. mixed with the old hiphop in the background, and then the rappers goes "tell stories about the all the young" and then the sample is cut with a female voice saying "GIRLS" with a pretty cool tone

Then kicks in the Prodigy Experience early '90 synth sound for a few seconds with the drum from the '80 and the heavy bass from Fat of the land all over it with the lyrics looping over and over

It's very different than all the stuff you heard before from them, yet it sounds so fucking familiar. I really really dig the track. Man, I would kill to hear it again.

The full album hits in august. ITs way too far away

Kalren

I loved a lot of Prodigy's stuff.

I didn't always keep track of them, didn't members leave and such? I thought I heard that...

Yup, dig it. Consider the album sold.

Liam has said it's going to be closer to Music for the Jilted Generation than Fat of the Land.

Fat of the Land drove me nuts. All of the preppy fucks in highschool drove around in their Jeep Wranglers, that their parents bought, blasting that shit non-stop.

Malakhov

Banned
Fat of the land was pretty much the only techno album I liked.

This sounds like the techno that plays into the dumbass clubs I freaking hate, no thanks!

WOW.

True, it has only some elements from Fat Of The Land, which, regardless of it's popularity, I absolutely adored, however, it is a wonderful track nonetheless. I love the synth, the beat, the bass, the samples, the vocals... everything about it is fantastic, and I can't believe it's going to be until August before I can get my hands on Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned.

Malakhov

Banned
Oh do I need to hear your voice again and not this kind of crap~

keith.jpg

Malakhov

Banned
Produced by Liam Howlett the new tracks have a full on sexy, dirty beat with any vocals way down in the mix and no immediately obvious contribution from Keith Flint as frontman.

Keith (Flint) and Maxim weren't involved musically and they are not on this album.

Haha, this is so gonna be shite. Nail in the coffin for me folks.

No
maxim7.jpg

and no

spc3186.jpg

?

Screw you assholes :p

oh cmon as if Keith and the other guy did anything for the music in the first place .....hell they even had this guy in the band who ONLY danced!!!!

Its basically a one man show.

Malakhov

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
oh cmon as if Keith and the other guy did anything for the music in the first place .....hell they even had this guy in the band who ONLY danced!!!!

Its basically a one man show.
Yeah they did nothing... (big rolleyes here).

*Starts fat of the land*

Btw maxim was only the oldest prodigy member, but yeah, he did nothing...

Man this is such bullshite. I'm gonna totally ignore this one and pretend it doesn't exist.

OMG.

I don't believe this. No Maxim?? NO KEITH??! Fuck, you're right, this is total bullshit. I mean, yeah, I'll probably get it because I'm a huge Prodigy fan, but fuck me... Fat Of The Land would have been NOTHING if not for Maxim and Keith. Damn, this is some shit.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Keith was primarily a dancer, but also a singer on some tracks. Maxim was their MC and again singer on some tracks. Leeroy was the dancer, and he really gave the band that special flavor in their early days :) These three guys really were more an 'image' of the band than anything. Those that knew band only superfically, would recognize it through the crazy looking Keith, but their role was more significant during music videos and live acts (especially Maxim who was a frontman on live acts), than during actual music making. Liam, however, did all the music and all the arrangements, mixing and producing, and all the lyrics. He is without any doubt the heart and brain of the band. As a live act he would not have a chance alone, however. Image and flavor that other guys gave to the bend is their unmistakable quality, and that is why the rest of the band will be joining him on the new live acts that they have planned.

I loved every single their album, starting from singles 'What Evil Lurks', 'Charlie', 'Everybody in the Place' to 'Experience', to 'Jilted Generation' to 'Fat of the Land', and I really, really dig the new track. I'm a bit saddened that Keith and Maxim won't be on the new album at all, but musically, their influence was minimal on every album except Fat of the Land, and all those other albums were phenomenal ('Jilted' is widely acknowledged as their best album, and I think the same myself, but 'Everybody in the Place' will always have a special place in my heart. If you were into that kind of music back then, you'll probably feel the same :)

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Technically, The Prodigy is Liam and noone else. He's the only one who's signed with the label.

Also, the track fucking rocks. It's exactly what fans wanted from The Prodigy. A new, original sound.

Wasn't an EP planned to be released before the full album, or was it after?

Hopefully Maxim and Keith will show up on that.

Wait, so this is the Prodigy...

without the black dude with freaky eyes..

and without the white british dude with freaky hair???

are you serious? as for the song, it was alright, nothing special though.

But seriously, how can you have Prodigy without those two, ESPECIALLY without Captain Firestarter?

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Mike Works said:
Wait, so this is the Prodigy...

without the black dude with freaky eyes..

and without the white british dude with freaky hair???

are you serious? as for the song, it was alright, nothing special though.

But seriously, how can you have Prodigy without those two, ESPECIALLY without Captain Firestarter?

B000002HBA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000003Z3W.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Keith and Maxim only provided vocals for a few tracks on those albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom