• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Next PlayStation Showcase - When?

When will the next PS showcase be?

• August

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • September

Votes: 90 75.0%
  • October

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • November or After....

Votes: 15 12.5%

• Total voters

sojuwarrior

With the discussion on PS5 Pro heating up again - just want to get a consensus around here on when the next big PS Showcase will be.
I honestly think September is the sweet spot to announce the PRO for holiday season but who knows with Sony these days.....

cormack12

Gold Member
Here We Go Again GIF

nial

>inb4 we get a pre-TGS press conference instead
It's fairly obvious for September, though, due to PS5 Pro and based on previous history.

Last edited:

vivftp

September, this isn't even a question now
September is when the Pro should be announced, going by how they handled the PS4 Pro
September is when Sony routinely does a Showcase anyways. Out of their last 4 Showcases, 2 of them were in September.

They've intentionally left their 2025+ lineup vague, even going so far as to only talk about 2024 stuff in the last SoP. They're obviously going to have a Showcase later this year to set the stage for what's to come and September fits the best.

nial

This is 100% the first place in which people will get to try the PS5 Pro.
Now, the question is if SIE will have a pre-TGS press conference, or just do an online showcase. Now to wait for late August for some actual confirmation.

Yea, really no doubt from me they'll have something in September. Maybe it will be considered a SoP, but something is gonna happen in the September-ish time frame. Just makes too much sense for a couple reasons.

1) Sony typically has some type of showing every 3-4 months and that would be in line.

2) They have to announce Pro at some point. That timeframe also makes a lot of sense, if it's an expect Oct/Nov release.

3) Sony mentioned in the 2024 fiscal year they had no big sequels expected to release, but that isn't the case for 2025/2026. I get they are showing these games closer to launch than in the past, but feel like they're still gonna show some of them off multiple months before release still. Maybe this timeframe isn't best suited for that, but kind of makes sense at the same time if the pro is being officially revealed to the public.

This is 100% the first place in which people will get to try the PS5 Pro.
Now, the question is if SIE will have a pre-TGS press conference, or just do an online showcase. Now to wait for late August for some actual confirmation.
wow i had no idea about this. Great news. They haven't been in there properly since 5 (!!!) years ago and since Covid so this is amazing news i think.

skit_data

Logically it should be sometime in August or September, so it's probably not going to happen in those months. My bet is October. Feels like Playstation always have showcases just around the time everyone are giving up on it happening at all.

Yep, which means they're attending because it's something big they're showing.

My bet is the PS5 Pro, with Bloodborne 2 as the showcase title.
Nah...i don't think they are using TGS to do more than show mostly asian titles, specially if they have a big showcase in September as well.

Why showcase something as Bloodborne 2 (that doesn't exist but that's a different issue) at TGS instead of a showcase?

Unless their TGS IS the showcase. Could be tbh.

Sanepar

The never option should be there. Sony will never make showcases anymore. Blogposts and crap sops are the future.

Mownoc

The never option should be there. Sony will never make showcases anymore. Blogposts and crap sops are the future.
Wow. 14 months without a showcase and people have already gotten to the IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN stage. Tragic!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
They have nothing to show. It was an exciting event in PS4 era, not anymore
Yep. They skipped e3 2021, 2022 then had that horrendous gaas filled 2023 then skipped 2024.

If they had something to show, they would’ve shown it. Its obvious the cross gen focus in the beginning of the gen, and the gaas focus since has left them with a gaping hole. Every year we have a thread asking when GG, SSM, bluepoint, bend, naughty dog, sucker punch and PD will show their next Gen games and every year they are MIA.

Either they are all in development hell or they simply started too late.

Or These games are likely all set for 2027-2028 releases. And they are too early in dev to be shown.

nial

Every year we have a thread asking when GG, SSM, bluepoint, bend, naughty dog, sucker punch and PD will show their next Gen games and every year they are MIA.
Considering that bolded all released their games 2 years/less than 2 years ago, you guys are surely beyond help at this point.
Bluepoint? Holy shit, Sony outright said that they're not making anything (and they never did in the first place, development on those remakes wasn't even led by them).

Last edited:

Audiophile

I expect PS5 Pro to be shown at a Showcase and/or Road To or PS Meeting in late August to early September.

Followed by TGS in late September which'll have a little more Pro coverage with Death Stranding 2 being the headliner title.

Then the PS5 Pro launch in late October to mid November.

Dream scenario is:

- August 28th | "PS Meeting" - Cerny reveals the Pro on a technical basis + Tech Demos + Game Patch Examples + Showcase Tease
- September 3rd | "Showcase" - Announcing Ghost Of Tsushima 2 and a couple other big hitters + Second showing and hype for Astro Bot releasing 3 days later + PS5 Pro Hardware Design Reveal
- September 26-29th | "TGS" - Additional coverage of PS5 Pro with price announcement + Death Stranding 2 Headlining + Additional Titles/Accessories
-
October 25-26th | "PS5 Pro Release" + BLOPS 6 Release with Day One Pro Patch + Most of the existing PS5 First Party lineup getting Pro Patches

Last edited:

vivftp

Yep. They skipped e3 2021, 2022 then had that horrendous gaas filled 2023 then skipped 2024.

If they had something to show, they would’ve shown it. Its obvious the cross gen focus in the beginning of the gen, and the gaas focus since has left them with a gaping hole. Every year we have a thread asking when GG, SSM, bluepoint, bend, naughty dog, sucker punch and PD will show their next Gen games and every year they are MIA.

Either they are all in development hell or they simply started too late.

Or These games are likely all set for 2027-2028 releases. And they are too early in dev to be shown.

You do realize that E3/SGF season is not the only time a company can hold a Showcase, right? 2021 they held their Showcase in September. 2022 they skipped having a Showcase as that was in the dead center of the pandemic. There were rumblings that they did have a Showcase planned for 2022 but opted to scrap it, hence why we got two unusually strong State of Plays in June and September that year. 2024 they haven't had a Showcase yet, September is currently the likely month for it.

50% of their last 4 Showcases have been in September. There is no gaping hole and there is no evidence of developmental hell.

Damn, some folks like to overreact, it's practically comical at this point.

nial

Late spring/early summer being the "showcase season" is such an American thing to say.
September is in line with their previous pre-TGS shows, and they're fully returning to the event this year. Cry all you want.

I'm nobody

Why do people do that ask like a little 5 yr old kid
Playstation showcase when

When do you think the next playstation showcase will be ?

Top Bottom