• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Next PlayStation Showcase - When?

When will the next PS showcase be?

• August

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • September

Votes: 90 75.0%
  • October

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • November or After....

Votes: 15 12.5%

• Total voters

yurinka

I think that knowing that the expectations for a "showcase" are totally unrealistic and that Sony prefers to market games released in the short term instead of in the long term, I think they will stop using "PlayStation Showcase" and will do "State of Play" only going forward.

I think the next State of Play will be late September, as usual a few days before TGS. And as such will be focused on Asian games plus in the 1st parties plus 3rd party exclusives (both AAA and indie) to be released in the next several months, mostly the next 6-9 months after the event plus some recently released one.

Speaking of which... where is Ghosts 2?
Under development.

Nowadays AAA games take 5-9 years to be released. And the previous game of the team was released 4 years ago, but after that they were during a year releasing its MP mode, the DLC and PS5 version. So maybe a huge part of the team didn't work on Ghosts 2 until 3+ years ago or so, meaning they're some years away from releasing it.

It may be too early to announce it since -outside a few exceptions mostly related to Marvel- they now prefer to announce the games when closer to release.

Last edited:

Astray

Probably next month or so. PS5 Pro has to be announced at some point..

As for the contents, I think it's best to treat PS showcases with cautious optimism at best.

Hudo

They're bound to announce the PS5 Pro at some point in the near future, seeing that it is one of the worst-kept secrets in the industry right now. Especially if they want it out for the holidays. October at the latest, imho.

SHA

On what? TFlops don't equal performance gained, that's already badmouthing the pro.

Last edited:
DetectiveSeeds said he heard it gets announced next week and the show is Sept 12th.
I believe he has received some accurate info in the past, but even he's saying if this is wrong then he knows this source isn't accurate.
So he's not exactly firm on it.

SHA

I think 3 times the TFlops for %45 performance gain will give Sony a difficult time for marketing this console, I really hate this, it's like the Wii U all over again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom