• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official MGS site is up...

http://www.metalgearsolid.com

Also the MGS3 and MG:A sites have updated. The MGS3 one has the boss characters in the character section now, a TGS update, and a new cover image by Shinkawa. The MG:A update is mainly just a story rundown, nothing else really.

tgs01_03.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
:lol

I knew those character designs for Ac!d were Zone of the Ender related. The art looks just like ZOE2, which now makes sense since Tsubasa Masao is the character designer for Ac!d.

TGS Coming soon trailer is up.

Refreshing for the play command visual :D

new trailer shows the knife to snakes eye & a smooching session with eva

Really stupid question I think I know the anwser to...In the game the main character is Big Boss right not Solid Snake? Or are they going to do like they did with MGS2 all the screens and junk were of snake but the game focused mostly on raiden?

Kojima won't actually confirm who it is. Right now though all signs point to it being Big Boss. There won't be a Raiden thing though where character switch. Its the same character through the entire game.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Great Wasabi Man said:
Really stupid question I think I know the anwser to...In the game the main character is Big Boss right not Solid Snake? Or are they going to do like they did with MGS2 all the screens and junk were of snake but the game focused mostly on raiden?

He is "Snake." What that means, no idea. Kojima has said that there won't be a character shift. But some people think that since Solid Snake and Big Boss share the exact same dna, it really wouldn't be a switch. Who knows...everything has been pointing that it is Big Boss. I believe "Snake" is a codename that is given out to the top Foxhound agents.

Grizzlyjin

Those images are such a tease. I'm watching the Konami live feed now hoping MGS3 pops up. I know there is a stage presentation in a few minutes...thanks for the pics, SSX.

Solid

The quality and sound on that one was terrible.. thanks anyway, I think I'll hold for a good one though.

DaveT

Keep in mind the screen is high up in the booth and Konami's sound at TGS is always pretty weak (booths at TGS don't typically have loud roaring sounds coming out of it like you hear at E3, so the crowd is picked up quite a bit by the audio :p)

Can't wait for Konami to release a nice direct-feed version. :p

Dave

evil ways

Grizzlyjin said:
He is "Snake." What that means, no idea. Kojima has said that there won't be a character shift. But some people think that since Solid Snake and Big Boss share the exact same dna, it really wouldn't be a switch. Who knows...everything has been pointing that it is Big Boss. I believe "Snake" is a codename that is given out to the top Foxhound agents.

One thing seems to be for sure and it's that this Snake is not Solid, his real name apparently is Jack

Laurent

Wow, wow, wow, wow...

It's clear to me now that The Sorrow is somehow connected with Snake, perhaps the same way Liquid was connected with Solid. They look alike, and it's enough for me...

"12 rounds... I have 12 rounds now!" = Ocelot second "one last showdown" since he now has 2 revolver instead of his magnum + Reference to The Twin Snakes and Sons of Liberty with all the other confrontation with Ocelot ...

The scene where Snake has to snap his arm back into socket is just nasty. I don't like seeing stuff like that.

Close to the end of the end of the trailer, didn't it sort of look like the MG was changing forms? The models always looked like it could, and I remember someone modeling the way it looked. Also it looked like The Sorrow's arms move around like actual snakes. The guy also does look like Snake. Twins?

The "Raiden" guy seems to have too round of a face to actually be Raiden. Raiden has a more narrow face compared to this guy that has a more rounded one.

Laurent

SolidSnakex said:
The scene where Snake has to snap his arm back into socket is just nasty. I don't like seeing stuff like that.
Snake is humiliated over and over during this mission, and by a GIRL. That could explain why he snapped...
SolidSnakex said:
Close to the end of the end of the trailer, didn't it sort of look like the MG was changing forms? The models always looked like it could, and I remember someone modeling the way it looked. Also it looked like The Sorrow's arms move around like actual snakes. The guy also does look like Snake. Twins?
I am sure that every "feeling" bosses is an interpretation of what Snake Senior COULD have been. Some of them look too much like him. We're in Strawberry Field here: Nothing is real!
SolidSnakex said:
The "Raiden" guy seems to have too round of a face to actually be Raiden. Raiden has a more narrow face compared to this guy that has a more rounded one.
Those differences are too subtle to disregard this theorie IMO...

Laurent said:
Snake is humiliated over and over during this mission, and by a GIRL. That could explain why he snapped...

I wasn't talking about him actually snapping and going crazy. I mean at the beginning when he snaps his arm back into place. It just looks nasty. :p What tops it off is the sound effect that goes with it.

Laurent

SolidSnakex said:
I wasn't talking about him actually snapping and going crazy. I mean at the beginning when he snaps his arm back into place. It just looks nasty. :p What tops it off is the sound effect that goes with it.
I knew you weren't talking about this, even thought I used the same term. I just think that this trailer really shows that he is being beat up by a woman... Over, and over, and over...

Laurent said:
I knew you weren't talking about this, even thought I used the same term. I just think that this trailer really shows that he is being beat up by a woman... Over, and over, and over...

There's definetly a connection between them. I don't think he'd just stand there and let her beat him like that, because he's really not even putting up much of a fight. She seems to be doing most of the damage to him. Breaking him arm, throwing him in the water, and stabbing him in the eye.

so is the blonde girl gonna be the one that gives birth to the snakes? it's a possibility.......
good ness what a trailer..... anyone catch the monkeys at the end? :D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Holy shit! Is all that stuff *really* in the LE package? Even the 'Prototype' Metal Gear box, and the big Snake action figure? What's that small lego-like figure there next to it?

So, the 'Ape' levels will be som fun/VR type of mission levels.

Everything to the right of the CD case is in the LE. So that Shagohog (the MG) is part of it. The big Snake figure is sold on its own, it costs around $160. The record is being given away at TGS. Here's a better pic of the Shagohog:

topic_2004_0924_01.jpg

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
So the 'first bite' CD is included in the LE, then? Sounds good. What is that large book, I wonder? Also, that carboard spread all the way to the left?

Deepthroat, Ape Escape 2 is very fun and very cute. On the of the few games where it's actually fun to use almost every of the numerous items and gadgets at your disposal. Monkyes featured in the game are really charming in their visual appearance and behaviour (every single one has a 'personality' of his own)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Ah, I see what you mean. So that is not the First Bite CD, but rather an actual game disc with the LE design. I assume the greenish packagking is the LE game disc and the whitish one is the regular release.

ourumov

mgs16.jpg

With images like this...I doubt it's a pain to be in Kojima's team ;)

mgs41.jpg

It would be great to own one of this T-shirts...

ourumov said:
mgs16.jpg

With images like this...I doubt it's a pain to be in Kojima's team ;)

It is when he gets to do this to you:

mgs17.jpg

:)

Marco, I think the green one is the special DVD (the making of i'm guessing) the black and white one is the LE DVD. This is the regular one:

20.jpg

Deepthroat said:
How is Ape Escape 2? I'm thinking of getting it now that Kojima is pimpin' it :p

Well, everybody has their own opinion, but for me, after playing AE2 last month, it clearly seemed to be the best 3D platformer this gen. The game is a collectathon, but it's a fun one - perhaps the most fun since your choice of Mario 64 or DKC2.

SolidSnakex said:
The record is being given away at TGS.

I gotta have this. I wonder what the possibilities are of this item hitting import stores? Probably nill. Is there anywhere that has impressions or info about what's on the vinyl?

miyuru

I really want one of the Ape shirts! Anyone know if we can order them online somewhere? I hate how nicer videogame shirts are so limited (at least it seems that way).

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Both of the shirts in those pictures (the one with Snake on the front, and the one with the Ape Escape) I would buy in a heartbeat. Seconding the request for info on any place to purchase them.

doesn't the missing eye give the game away. It is BIG BOSS, no? I mean, unless Raiden/Solid plucked out his eyeball.

Snake vs Monkey. Harhar.

Damn, really nice lookign screens. Can't wait for this game. If anything, it will be epic and the story OTT.

Top Bottom