• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Plucky Squire will be a day one PS+ Extra & Premium title when it launches on September 17

Robb

Gold Member
Cool, I'm very excited for this! Looks fantastic!
Excited Lets Go GIF by Team USA

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
I still don't have a PS5PRO. I've yet to find a cheap Garage sale console anywhere. Gamestop used is way too expensive.

[Sigma]

Quite sad for me, this is the type of game I surely want a physical copy of. That said, im buying. I don't like singleplayer games I really want to play being tied to a sub and id rather support the developer with my money this way.

Just saying, PS+ is the clear winner on 9/17. That's surprising.
Ok. Interesting take. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm just not sure what one has to do with the other. There isn't any sort of predicting, or agreements that we are aware of between publishers to put one on a separate service vs another, it's just Xbox and PS working independently and signing deals in secret with publishers. I don't know, and would really doubt, if there was something PS signed with this publisher that would keep it off Game Pass. Probably as simple as PS made a better offer, and so they went with PS. 🤷‍♂️

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Ok. Interesting take. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm just not sure what one has to do with the other. There isn't any sort of predicting, or agreements that we are aware of between publishers to put one on a separate service vs another, it's just Xbox and PS working independently and signing deals in secret with publishers. I don't know, and would really doubt, if there was something PS signed with this publisher that would keep it off Game Pass. Probably as simple as PS made a better offer, and so they went with PS. 🤷‍♂️
I was just shitposting, literally. You're probably right to call me on it. I'll just buy the game, oh well.

But yeah, the more interesting story is just Devolver's change of opinion. They quite publicly declared on several occasions over the last year or two that they are moving away from sub deals. Multiple different times stating they're not going to do it anymore, and will only consider it for later releases. Yesterday they announced Cult of the Lamb (2 years old) and today this both on PS+, so Sony must have dumped some cash on them.

(3 months ago)

Last edited:
But yeah, the more interesting story is just Devolver's change of opinion. They quite publicly declared on several occasions over the last year or two that they are moving away from sub deals. Multiple different times stating they're not going to do it anymore, and will only consider it for later releases. Yesterday they announced Cult of the Lamb (2 years old) and today this both on PS+, so Sony must have dumped some cash on them.
It's hard to turn down money, man. Especially this game always shows well, and people seem to be really paying attention to it. It's a great get for PS for their sub service, for sure. Talk is cheap, money talks 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Same deal as with GamePass; I'm not a fan of devaluing games to the status of value-adds to services.

Jaybe

That’s a great get for PS Plus. Seems like the most talked about indie announcement aside from Silksong.

EruditeHobo

Was a very pleasant surprise when it appeared in that showcase or state of play or whatever it was... definitely day 1.

It’s clear Sony are trying to expand the PS5 player base with this, Lego Horizon and Astrobot all arriving in time for this holiday season. A shame they can’t repeat PS1-4 tactic in year 4 and combine it with a large $100 price cut this time. I guess maybe in time for GTA VI in late 2025.

My playstation library looking crazy right now. I just bought 5 games to add to my backlog, Black Myth Wukong, Space Marines and Astro Bot releasing in the next 2 months too?

Time To Eat Fat Woman GIF

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Top Bottom