• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS4 Share Test

Hey guys. Someone had a good idea in a previous thread. See if everyone, using different games and different scenarios ( background downloads, chats you may automatically be in, etc. ), could try to perform a Share and then post the results of that share, and let us know if it was broken or not.

Steps to Perform

I think it would be best to start a fresh boot of PS4. So just hold down the PS button, Turn off PS4. Give it 15 seconds, then turn PS4 back on.

This, so everyone is on a fresh boot of PS4 and no outside odd variables could get in the way of the share function ( if this even occurs )

Also, be sure to check your Share settings in the system settings menu and change it, if needed, to where you have to HOLD share button to open the share menu. Double tap share to begin manual record, and single tap share for screenshot save.

Step 1

Boot Up desired game for sharing

Step 2

Play said game for 2-3 minutes

Step 3

HOLD Share button down to enter share menu

Step 4

Option to save video should be available and set to Square, so hit Square and it should save the video

Post your results, what game you were playing, etc.

Lots of reports of this feature just being broken and not working right and such. So seeing if, all of us doing the same thing, would get purely random results or if it worked for everyone or whatever. Perhaps with enough results we can narrow down what is happening when the function seems to break down.

I may post a 2nd type of test that would be interesting to see, where we all let a game sit for 20 minutes, untouched, and then hold the share button to head into the menu. If the background download does begin automatically, then 20 minutes would bypass the first initial 15 minutes and perhaps we could see what happens to the shares when 15 minutes passes and we head into the 2nd set of auto-records.

Myself, being in the industry I'm in, am curious to try and get to the bottom of the Share issues.

* edit *

Shit wrong spot on forums lol.

Mod can delete

Top Bottom