• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Rocksmith 2014 Session Mode Recordings/Videos Thread

fred

Just thought I'd start a sister thread to the Rocksmith thread where we can display our prowess (or in my case lack of it lol) on the guitar.

For some reason these last few days I've been having trouble finding my mojo but decided to upload something yesterday anyway. But be warned, I'm a bit pants lol

I've decided to upload a video once per week so that I can see how my progress is going. I've hit the wrong notes in places, some intentional and some not and have also been hitting the wrong string every now and then.

Looking forward to hear some of your efforts! :eek:D

fred

Bloody hell, that's good stuff! How long have you both been playing..?

Think I need to work on my speed a lot more and throw in a good few more bends, hammer-ons, pull-offs and slides.

I haven't got the 5 positions of the Pentatonic Minor Scale memorised yet but have just found out about the Hopscotch Method of learning scales so should be able to play up and down the neck a lot easier once I've got the hang of it.

Haven't worked on anything today though, but like I said in my OP I'm planning on posting something here at least once per week so it's going to be interesting to see how my playing develops over time.

I started playing the bass guitar during the last year of school and just messed about with it without doing much practice then 6 years later joined a dodgy Punk band called The Exiles From Pluto (lol), quit that band and joined a Sabbath inspired band which soon fell apart and then had to sell both of my bass guitars because I was desperate for cash...and then didn't touch a guitar of any sort until last year when I discovered Rocksmith 1.

Am really regretting my 25 year break now though!

I've been playing off and on since 2002, been seriously focusing on guitar and bass since Rocksmith came out in 2011 though.

My friend is a classically trained guitarist and has been playing since he was 10 lol

fred

I'm really kicking myself for not starting to play again sooner, I'm 43 years old in October and having a 25 year break makes me wonder how good I'd have been if I had kept on playing. I mainly played the bass but messed around on an acoustic I had quite regularly at that time.

Oh well, spilt milk and all that lol

fred

Top Bottom