• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Rumble Fish from Sammy? (Fighting game)

Shouta

Anyone know anything about this? I saw it at an arcade here in Nagoya and gave it a couple of tries. It had some neato character designs.

FightyF

Banned
Just saw it this morning...didn't try though...I know nothing about it and I've never heard about this game before.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just watched the vids. Looks alright, would be nice if there was more happening in the backgrounds...you know anything to help draw more attention to the game.

Reminds me a lot of KoF though with all the stop animation buffers and such. Hard to tell, but are the characters actually modelled in 3D?

XS+

Banned
If I remember correctly, the characters in Rumblefish are made of 2D polygons, so they animate fluidly like a 3D model but still retain the handdrawn sprite look. Not that impressive imo.

Argyle

It sucks ass. I played at at ASI a few months ago.

Well, maybe sucks ass is too strong, it's amusing in that mediocre fighting game kinda way, and the graphics are interesting but look like complete shit as soon as your character has to turn around...

At least it's better than Guilty Gear Isuka :p I think the best game on the Atomiswave is that sushi game :p

XS+

Banned
Sammy and Playmore are destined to kill off whatever's left of the 2D fighting genre. Thanks a lot doodz.

jarrod

Banned
Argyle said:
I think the best game on the Atomiswave is that sushi game :p
Sushi Bar rules!!

Oh and Dimps (of Digimon Battle Spirits, DBZ Budokai fighting fame) made The Rumble Fish, Sammy's just the publisher.

XS+

Banned
Straying off-topic, but Jarrod: Would you know where former SNK devs (like the folks at Nazca for instance) ran off to after SNK died? They're not at SNKP, otherwise SNKP wouldn't act as 'grass roots' as they do now, having to outsource to Eolith or some other fly-by-night company and looking up a random fan artist to draw their character art.

jarrod

Banned
XS+ said:
Straying off-topic, but Jarrod: Would you know where former SNK devs (like the folks at Nazca for instance) ran off to after SNK died? They're not at SNKP, otherwise SNKP wouldn't act as 'grass roots' as they do now, having to outsource to Eolith or some other fly-by-night company and looking up a random fan artist to draw their character art.
I think SNK staff went just about everywhere. Specifically the old Irem/Nazca/SNK MS guys are mainly at Flagship, Noise Factory (who made MS5-6 & Advance) and Sammy (who made the MS inspired Dolphin Blue) now from what I understand.

Top Bottom