• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Switch Lite is getting an OLED mod.

El Muerto

Gold Member
For fans and owners of the Switch Lite, pretty soon you will be able to mod your device with an OLED screen. Starts at $49.99 for the screen, An additional $15 if you want a digitizer for touch. What is interesting is there's going to be an HDMI mod as well for $69.99/$84.99 for touch. Goes on sale on Sept 26th.

Quantum253

Gold Member
That's cool you can mod your handheld with an updated screen. Only downside is how many people destroy their SLs by trying to do it

hououinkyouma00

Gold Member
in order for the Switch Lite to actually be a decent system, I think you'd also need to add hall effect sticks with this
The $110 kit includes the HDMI mod, a new enclosure with the display pre installed, new buttons, all tools, and Hall effect joysticks. You just swap the PCB over.

Last edited:

angrod14

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

kevboard

The $110 kit includes the HDMI mod, a new enclosure with the display pre installed, new buttons, all tools, and Hall effect joysticks. You just swap the PCB over.

damn... nothing I'd ever do, I'd just get an OLED switch... but if you want the smaller form factor this seems to fix all the issues of the system

$200 + $110 So you end up saving $40 by not buying a switch oled from the store.

Might be worth it for some. i got my switch oled new from Walmart online for $299 due to a price error.

Last edited:

hououinkyouma00

Gold Member
damn... nothing I'd ever do, I'd just get an OLED switch... but if you want the smaller form factor this seems to fix all the issues of the system
I thought about it only as we have a Lite laying around that we don’t use much for various reasons and it would be cool to have.
$200 + $110 So you end up saving $40 by not buying a switch oled from the store.

Might be worth it for some. i got my switch oled new from Walmart online for $299 due to a price error.
Personally, I think the Lite is by far a better handheld then the regular or OLED switch from a size standpoint.

All the problems of the Lite are fixed here so you’d have the superior ergonomics (again personally) without losing the amazing display and HDMI.

Moses85

The sensless Lite gets a expansive update.

Think About It GIF by Identity

There is a Switch available with a OLED Display which can als used as a Home Console for nearly the same Price.

Excited Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Lawsuit in 3, 2, 1...
For what? This isn’t something that allows you to pirate games or circumvent security or anything like that. You have to buy a console to use this, and if you screw up, warranty won’t cover you. They can’t stop you from tampering with a product you’ve legally bought.

Closer

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Buying a mod kit for a “Switch Lite” in order to change it to a “Switch Kinda Lite”?

You're modding your Switch Lite, so I'd bet you can mod it further to upgrade battery, add internal memory and add performance. So kinda like "Switch Lite Max Pro Plus".

Moses85

What a sensless update …

There is already a Switch with OLED and Video Output..

Modding a Lite to make a real Switch out of it?

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

bender

What time is it?
Curious how to see installation of the HDMI mod since they say there is no soldering required and also curious if you are just getting the portable power profile to output to HDMI which seems less than ideal.

Shakka43

What a sensless update …

There is already a Switch with OLED and Video Output..

Modding a Lite to make a real Switch out of it?

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF
So people who already have a switch lite should just throw it in the garbage and buy an oled model if they want those features?

I would love a mod like this for the Vita 2000 but chances of that happening are slim to none.

Last edited:

Codes 208

I wonder how this would affect the battery life
That's pretty cool but I still wonder how difficult the install is.
Youll need to take the entire switch apart.

I learned this when i replaced my shell with a clear atomic purple one a couple years ago.

It’s not extremely difficult, just time consuming (and i do recommend having some tutorial on in case you need to know which screws you need to remove)

Last edited:
Top Bottom