• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The thread where we list movies to look forward to this summer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattx5

Fahrenheit 9/11
Spiderman 2
Anchorman
Garden State

and when the fuck is THE LIFE AQUATIC WITH STEVE ZISSOU COMING OUT?

MIMIC

Banned
Fahrenheit 9/11
Spider-Man 2
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
White Chicks (yeah, I said it! :))
I,Robot (can someone please explain the title to me??)

Dead

well not really...yet
MIMIC said:
I,Robot (can someone please explain the title to me??)
Its the title of a Book by Isaac Asimov. The movie is loosely based on it, yet it will probably shame the name of the book

Fahrenheit 9/11
Spiderman2 (Not really looking forward to it, but friends are going so...)
Anchorman

Not much else I can think of. Already saw Dodgeball, which I liked a lot. And I want to see Ocean's 12 this fall.

Dead

well not really...yet
MIMIC said:
How did the book get its title?
The book chronicles the "evolution" of robotics through a series of short stories chronicling differnt robots. It establishes theire behavior through the 3 laws of robotics:

1) A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm
2) A robot must obey orders givein to it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3) A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

edit: I havent read the book btw, im just going by what I know

mattx5

Damn, no mention anywhere of The Life Aquatic? I know some people have already gotten to see it, yet the average joe hasn't even seen a trailer yet!? Maybe it'll be a Christmas release? I need my Wes Anderson fix....

effzee said:
the village!

Oh yeah.

mattx5 said:
Damn, no mention anywhere of The Life Aquatic? I know some people have already gotten to see it, yet the average joe hasn't even seen a trailer yet!? Maybe it'll be a Christmas release? I need my Wes Anderson fix....

That too. Murray, and Wilson in a Wes Anderson flick will be good stuff of course. I need to watch Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums again this weekend.

mattx5

Cyan said:
The Life Aquatic? Never heard of it. Why should we be interested?

It's got Bill Murray in it, and it's directed by Wes Anderson, who previously directed the excellent films - Bottle Rocket, Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums :)

Alucard

Banned
I'm not sure if all of these come out this summer, but they are still movies I'm looking forward to.

Metallica: Some Kind of Monster
The Hunting of the President
Spider-Man 2
Alien vs. Predator (although I have a feeling it might just be "okay")
Napoleon Dynamite
Coffee and Cigarettes (could be really good or just suck...a HUGE cast)
The Bourne Supremacy
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Mason

Napoleon Dynamite
Anchorman
The Door in the Floor
Garden State

....that's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

Memles

Anchorman
Spidey 2

mattx5 said:

Christmas.

mattx5

I thought Coffee and Cigarettes was already out? It is up here in Canada, in a few theaters anyways. I heard that it was fairly decent, around 3/5 stars. They said that while some segments of the film are brilliant, others just fall flat.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Semjaza Azazel said:
Spiderman 2
Anchorman
The Bourne Supremacy
Hero

Is Saw coming out during the Summer? I am not sure.

Saw is coming out in October. We'll finally get a good original flick around Halloween to go see, something we haven't been able to do in years. And Seed of Chuck comes out Halloween too. :p

Spidey 2, Anchorman and The Bourne Supremacy for me. I'm not interested in Alien vs Predator or The Village, but I will probably end up seeing them anyway.

XS+

Banned
AVP, Bourne, Village (and I'm not completely sold on any of those movies). What an assy summer season.

I saw a lot of films this weekend.

Friday night -- Napoleon Dynamite: I had free passes to see this film about a month ago, but got stuck in traffic and didn't make it in time, so my girlfriend paid to see it. Totally worth the $11.50 I paid for the two of us. Very funny film, go see it when it comes to your area.

Saturday night -- Fahrenheit 9/11: The 7pm show was sold out, so we got tickets for the 9:15 at this small theater in Tacoma, WA. Absolutely incredible, enough has been said about it, so I will leave it at that.

Earlier today -- Control Room: The documentary about Al Jazeera was absolutely fantastic, it is in extremely limited release, but go see it if you have a chance.

I'm seeing sneaks of De-Lovely and Before Sunset this week, cannot wait. Aside from that, I'm looking forward to Twilight Samurai, Zatoichi, Spiderman 2, etc.

AniHawk

The best superhero movie to date.

With excellent acting and an exciting plot.

That's right....

THE movie to look forward to this summer is...

CATWOMAN!

anchorman, spiderman 2, and the Village are probably all i'll see in theatres for the rest of the summer. Everything else seems like dvd rental material at best.

way more

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Napoleon Dynamite
Coffee and Cigarettes

And I already agreed to see King Arthur with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom