• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The TOTALLY UNAUTHORIZED, UNOFFICIAL "The Terminal" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason

TheTerminal_jump.jpg

SPOILER-FREE IMPRESSIONS

The first half of the movie is great, then it takes a turn for the sappy and cliche. That's not to say it's not good though.

There are some original ideas, and very interesting characters, and I have a feeling this will become one of those beloved romance movies like Sleepless In Seattle (at least, it should).

Spielberg continues his trend of not being able to end the movie when he should, and though the movie is (I believe) 1 hour and 50 minutes long, it seems A LOT longer than that.

Overall, pretty good. I thought the trailer made it look pretty boring but it turned out well.

Mason said:
There are some original ideas, and very interesting characters, and I have a feeling this will become one of those beloved romance movies like Sleepless In Seattle (at least, it should).

I disagree and for obvious reasons. I don't think it will be embraced well as a romantic movie... its non-traditional and has little to no pay off.

I did however enjoy it...even though parts of the plot and dialogue seemed contrived and forced at times.

Mason

Yeah, after thinking about it a bit more, I suppose you're right.

I said that mostly going off of audience reaction, as the crowd I was with really seemed to get into it.

But the more I think about it, it doesn't really have that timeless quality I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom