• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The trailer for the Good Omens adaptation is up.

Vlaphor

Good Omens is easily one of my favorite books of all time, being a collaborative work between my two favorite authors, Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, and this looks to be pretty good so far. They've nailed Aziraphale and Crowley at least. I know that they'll be taking small liberties with the book here and there (certain characters will get more screen time than they would in the story, that kind of thing), but with Neil Gaiman writing each episode, I'm really looking forward to this.

It's a six episode series that's to be streaming on Amazon Prime and broadcast on BBC Two next year.

Also, if you want to experience the story, but not read it, the audiobook narrated by Martin Jarvis is fantastic, and he does a great role giving life to these characters.

Alx

I wanted to like the book, but I thought something was off with it. Maybe Pratchett and Gaiman don't mix too well for me. I loved the charm of some parts (the Aziraphale-Crowley duo, the dog,...), but some of the humor felt too forced.
Maybe a mini-serie will actually be a better medium for that story, if it can focus on some characters.

Top Bottom