• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The trials of Gaming in Relationships

Xbudz

Destiny, World of Warcraft, Call of Duty..
Many games have the power to become addictive.

The trouble is when those games become addictive in relationships. Managing time between games, having consideration for your other half and knowing when do stop and share your time.

I made this thread as a place for people to vent their frustrations. Is your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife playing too much? Not coming to supper on time because of games? Waking up early and chatting on Xbox Live while you are still trying to sleep in the other room? Skipping prime cuddle time to kill virtual things? Post about it.

Maybe you managed to strike a perfect balance with your other half? Post about it.

I'm thinking that more than a few of us might be able to relate with each other and in a way act as group therapy for those less than ideal gaming in relationship habbits.

Thanks.

My wife plays with me for most co-op games. Else we take turns.

My Man Cave:

EiwSBEo.jpg

Her lady-ary:

Basically. Sharing a hobby is the best thing ever. We both respect each other's time, and understand what it means when you can't "JUST PAUSE!"

We're both pretty avid Destiny players (PS4s both up and downstairs), but most recently I've been watching her do a run through of FFX:HD.

Top Bottom