• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ultimate GC Controller: Mario!!

john tv

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/club/present_etc/p14.html

photo_14_1.jpg

photo_14_3.jpg

photo_14_2.jpg

photo_14_pack.jpg

Nice! 500 points. Available July 20.

Andy787

Banned
Mario is driving a go kart.
Mario is partying.
Mario is playing tennis.
Mario is golfing.
Mario is playing with himself.

Give me that sex.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
* imagines a Mario-themed GC with Mario's face on the lid. Swoons.

They should do a Samus themed GC for the bundle in the states.

Jacobi

Banned
damn they always get the nicealicious controllers&cubes
the controller from the gamecube enjoyment pack looks nice too

ge-man

Now why aren't we getting this stuff from NOA?

"* imagines a Mario-themed GC"

Has there ever been a Mario themed console or handheld? It seems like that would be a given for a limited edition color--more so than something like the Pokemon N64 console.

Damn. I was saving my points for the Mario Family figure set, but this would be a great collector's item as well. Damn you Nintendo!

ge-man

Deg said:
Still not as good wavebird

As much as I love my platinum wavebird, this controller is damn hot. I wonder if club Nintendo will have wavebird version out for this as well?

DCX

DCX
Now that is slick! Not since the DC days have i seen such a great alternate theme for a pad. Wish Nintendo would release that here.

DCX

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
This is a clue that "Mario 128" is coming out this year. I expect an announcement soon.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Awesome, we need a Nintendo Club over here in America. I mind as well get some free stuff while I'm buying their games. I need two of those bad boys, one to play with and the other as a collector's item.

Did anyone ever get that shirt Nintendo was giving away via the clube? With all the controllers on it? I'd love a scan of that.

Brofist

Hero said:
Damnit. Why can't we get something like that over here?

They will. After a year, if there is any surplus, and when this controller is played out like hell and 3 more limited special edition GC controllers are since released, it will hit the US.

ge-man said:
Now why aren't we getting this stuff from NOA?

"* imagines a Mario-themed GC"

Has there ever been a Mario themed console or handheld? It seems like that would be a given for a limited edition color--more so than something like the Pokemon N64 console.

Thats a question I had for a while now, it seems like NOA don't make any efforts to bring some thing exclusive or unique to the market for the GC gamers or potentials of America.

The MP bundle, needs to have a different image on the box, and a change in color for the console. Maybe add more than one color, also add a image of Samus on the console.

They're should also be a RE bundle with the same modifications.

Also try to get some American exclusives and stop waiting for NOJ to do everything.

Hero

A bronze/crimson GCN inside the MP bundle would probably be very effective.

God, why does NoA sit on their asses all day?

Awesome. I wish I'd get something half decent for registering games with Nintendo. Maybe they still have something more in store for us. The Zelda Collector's Edition disc was a great start.

AirBrian

I know the mainstream would think it's "teh kiddie", but I love the idea of a Mario-themed GCN and a Luigi-themed GCN with SMS and LM bundled in respectively. I'm talking red and green GCNs complete with the colored controllers as well. I wonder how much it costs Nintendo to make a new casing...

MASB

evilromero said:
Damn. I was saving my points for the Mario Family figure set, but this would be a great collector's item as well. Damn you Nintendo!
Is there a website that shows all the stuff you can/could get with the Nintendo Club? It'd be neat to see all that.

Dragmire

The yellow C-stick incedently matches the buttons on his overalls. They're just missing brown for his shoes (maybe the plug). But it's awesome the way it is.

GDGF

Soothsayer
That is fucking sweet. Imagine if there were both a Mario and Luigi version controller. How much ass would that rock, eh?

i don't understand how people like the wavebird...

maybe it's because i fear anything that uses batteries when it shouldn't have to...

or maybe i'm just cheap.. i dunno...

i can't stand it, and i love force feedback!

with all that said... the mario controller looks nice...

olimario

Banned
The Faceless Master said:

maybe it's because i fear anything that uses batteries when it shouldn't have to...

I don't understand how people can really miss rumble. I haven't thought about it since I purchased my Wavebird and going back to a normal GC controller feels awkward.

ge-man

The Faceless Master said:

It took a little bit to get used to, but there's something about being able play from my bed or the other side of my room. On top of that, the Wavebird kills some of the clutter around my game space.

Batteries aren't a problem either. Unless you're on the controller 24 hours a day, you could go a couple months without a problem. An 8 pack of Energizers could probably take me through the whole year.

Ristamar

The Wavebird rules. All controllers should be wireless.

I wish it came in colors other than the regular off-white and the newer platinum. :(

Top Bottom