• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Urbz DS PGC Interview!

http://www.planetgamecube.com/specials.cfm?action=profile&id=509

Planet GameCube asks a few questions about The Urbz on the Nintendo DS.

Here's a tidbit:

The Player’s second screen becomes their XAM –the PDA for the URBZ. They will be able to use either their finger or stylus to navigate menus, talk to other Urbz, track goals, get messages about key events, play mini-games, view the real-time map, and customize paintings for their Urb’s home.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Q: Will the DS version communicate with its GBA or GameCube counterparts?

A: We are focusing on DS to DS via wireless communication for multiplayer mini-games, auctions, and trading.

Why are they always so vague?

Li Mu Bai

Banned
Way to innovatively utilize the DS's dual screens. I expect much more creative uses in the future, like Atlus's Caduceus Surgical Operation.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Society said:
Why are they always so vague?

No offense, but how is that vague? It sounds to me like a no. In other words, they are just concentrating on DS-DS connectivity. Its sort of an indirect answer but that's how these spokespeople talk. If they would have come out and said "no we are not doing DS-GBA or DS-GC connectivity" then it would have sounded negative and when you are trying to pimp your game the last thing you want to do is focus on something your product doesn't do. He answered the question like that because its better PR.

Kon Tiki

Banned
JC10001 said:
No offense, but how is that vague? It sounds to me like a no. In other words, they are just concentrating on DS-DS connectivity. Its sort of an indirect answer but that's how these spokespeople talk. If they would have come out and said "no we are not doing DS-GBA or DS-GC connectivity" then it would have sounded negative and when you are trying to pimp your game the last thing you want to do is focus on something your product doesn't do. He answered the question like that because its better PR.

wireless communication

Vague.

Local wireless? or 'online' wireless.

Top Bottom