• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "What is that song about?" Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greekboy

Banned
Ever wondered what a song was about? What the meaning behind it was? Well, post your song of choice here and allow the esteemed experts at GAF give you a helping hand. Naturally I should start this thread with a song of my choice but this babe is way too tired to think.

Anyone else?

Greekboy

Banned
Star Power said:
songmeanings.net

problem solved

THREAD CLOSED.

That's a dumb way of thinking. So let's not discuss the NHL because thank God we have www.nhl.com to give us all of the answers!

Songs can be interpreted in so many ways. Open your mind.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
""Turning Japanese" is about masturbation. True or false?"

True. It's all in the lyrics.

"I've got your picture of me and you
You wrote "I love you" I love you too
I sit there staring and there's nothing else to do
Oh it's in color Your hair is brown
Your eyes are hazel And soft as clouds
I often kiss you when there's no one else around

I've got your picture, I've got your picture
I'd like a million of them all round my cell
I asked the doctor to take your picture
So I can look at you from inside as well
You've got me turning up and turning down
And turning in and turning 'round "

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Actually, it isn't. The Vapors themselves dispelled that rumor on the VH1 show True Spin."

So - what is it about?

Actually - i'm kind of confused. The singer was at the recording of Never Mind the Buzzcocks (AGES ago) and the subject came up about it being about wanking - to which he said it was.

Perhaps it's a little bit to politically incorrect these days? Or would offend VH1 watches? ;)

The Who's "Pictures of Lily" was:

I used to wake up in the morning
I used to feel so bad
I got so sick of having sleepless nights
I went and told my dad

He said, "Son now here's some little something"
And stuck them on my wall
And now my nights ain't quite so lonely
In fact I, I don't feel bad at all

Pictures of Lily made my life so wonderful
Pictures of Lily helped me sleep at night
Pictures of Lily solved my childhood problems
Pictures of Lily helped me feel alright

Ya, there's a show on VH1 right now that answers that kind of question for various songs.

Turns out Naughty By Nature's tune "O.P.P" actually stands for, that's right, you guessed it, Other People's
cat.gif

Guzim

ItalianStallion said:
Ya, there's a show on VH1 right now that answers that kind of question for various songs.

Turns out Naughty By Nature's tune "O.P.P" actually stands for, that's right, you guessed it, Other People's
cat.gif
Yeah I just saw that, and it turns out Mr. Jones by Counting Crows is really about a guy with the last name Jones!

Bawitdaba was a song played at dances at Kid Rock's high school. He just took that the Bawitdaba da bang da bang etc part and added verses to it.

And from VH1's true spin the guy from the Vapors said it was about missing someone so much that you eventually turn into a different person. Something along those lines. But if he said it was about masturbation in another thing, I don't know then. Maybe the different person the guy turned into was someone that masturbated a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom