• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 - 2nd Trailer - Feb. 23rd Release JPN on PS4

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
5mCKc4n.png

The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 - 2nd Trailer

Game is looking pretty good. Will be released in Japan on February 23rd in Japan for the PS4.

For those that missed it the link to the 1st trailer is below.

The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 - 1st Trailer

Various game related info archives courtesy of Gematsu

Do hope that they worked on fixing the various gameplay issues with the first title. As was not completely satisfied with the overall gameplay experience. Was mostly the story that kept one playing. Same goes for the general level designs. Though for the most part it looks as if they kept the general design similar. So will just have to see how it is this time around once the game is released.

Tarrin

Wow. This came out of nowhere. At least for me; had no idea a sequel was being made.

I'd buy it, loved the first one.

UCBooties

I never played the first one. Was the PS4 re-release worth picking up?

I could never get much of a read on that game, it seemed to have some very vocal haters.

Parakeetman

Wow. This came out of nowhere. At least for me; had no idea a sequel was being made.

I'd buy it, loved the first one.

Id imagine they will be releasing this in the West also. Seeing that they did with the previous title. Just a matter of when as NISA seems to have a bunch of other titles in their release schedule.

I could never get much of a read on that game, it seemed to have some very vocal haters.

The story itself was rather solid, but the game did have some weird bugs and other folks were not totally happy with the gameplay. That and other people were not happy about how the main character in the first game was pretty "evil."

Was something different though thats for sure and nice to see them attempting another genre.

Over here in Japan it was sorta mixed also. But guess it did well enough overall if they went and made a second game lol

If you can get the PS4 version at an affordable price might as well check it out. Otherwise there is always checking various vids online and making a decision from there.

KodaRuss

I have kicked around the idea of getting the remaster a couple times. Surprised that it got a sequel. Maybe I will check it out someday.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Its a very controversial game. Think Drakengard 1 in terms of off kilter taboo type stuff.

A lot of people were turned off from that alone

hampig

Its a very controversial game. Think Drakengard 1 in terms of off kilter taboo type stuff.

A lot of people were turned off from that alone

Really? It's not just "Nippon Ichi wacky" type stuff? I got the impression it was Disgaea-like in its story.

Loved the character of Metallia in the first one. I'll miss her and her dirty mouth.

But will definitely look into this one too. Already I see it improves on the first one by adding x-ray vision so you can see the Hundred Knight when he is behind objects/trees etc.

Parakeetman

Loved the character of Metallia in the first one. I'll miss her and her dirty mouth.

But will definitely look into this one too. Already I see it improves on the first one by adding x-ray vision so you can see the Hundred Knight when he is behind objects/trees etc.

Yeah that was a huge pain in the ass with the first one. No idea why it was never caught with the initial design / QA phase. As thats pretty common-sense design stuff.

Really? It's not just "Nippon Ichi wacky" type stuff? I got the impression it was Disgaea-like in its story.

Not exactly. Id say it depends on how "sensitive" someone is. You could always try to look at youtube for examples, but you would be spoiling the story for yourself by doing so.

Maledict

I think the 'turn your mother into a rat so she can be gang raped' probably pushed it away from the wacky label and into the 'used knickers in vending machines' area.

Yeah that was a huge pain in the ass with the first one. No idea why it was never caught with the initial design / QA phase. As thats pretty common-sense design stuff.

It was something I was very surprised wasn't added to the PS4 remaster. And the timed use of "Metallia-that-wasn't-really-Metallia" in the tower was a bummer, but I accepted it for getting to play as her.

I hope I'll like these characters as much as I liked Metallia, and I hope NIS doesn't hold back on the dialogue again.

Dio

Banned
So, this game came out in Japan now.

I have heard literally no discussion about this game, whatsoever, from anyone - not even my JP speaking friends.

Is it better than the first game? Is it good? I want to know damnit!

Top Bottom