• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There Came An Echo |OT| Out on PS4

weekev

Banned
There Came an Echo is live.

I have never worked so hard on anything in my entire life. No matter what happens, I'll always be proud of this.

Enjoy, everyone. I just want you to have fun.
You are an absolute hero and I wish you every success mate.

Chuy

Thanks a bunch Feep! for giving this out for free! I look forward to enjoying this game once it finishes downloading and plan to support any future releases.

Wag

I started the game very briefly (no time to play right now). It supports ultra-widescreen displays (21:9) just fine so it works nicely on my 3440x1440 display.

Hi Everyone! I'm the concept artist/ bunch-of-other-stuff-doer for TCAE. I just wanted to drop by here and say that It was a great pleasure working at Iridium, and I hope you all enjoy what we worked on for the past couple of years!

I still haven't gotten my code tho. :p

So glad to play this today. What is the minimum? Can my HTPC run it?
Since he gave us all codes, he deserves at least an attempt. I look forward to trying this game later.
Pretty much, it is worth playing through at least. I ignore many games (Evolve was a good choice on my part), but I am willing to fit some time in since Feep was so kind.

Conezays

Took me a second to get the thread title :p Need more coffee this morning. Thanks again, Feep! Looking forward to checking it out.

afroguy10

I'm excited to go home and see what my younger brother thinks of this, it's right up his alley so I'm sure it'll be positive.

He's only 14 so he can't just buy something on Steam whenever he wants to and he done so well in his exams at school I just had to give him the code heh.

Merino

I have never worked so hard on anything in my entire life. No matter what happens, I'll always be proud of this.

Can't wait to try it out Feep!
Psyched to give another go at voice command RTS after wanting to love End War so badly but failing to do so.

Also I really enjoyed you on TableTop. Hope you'll be back another season!

shandy706

I need to look up the needed specs for this.

I have a new Haswell i5 laptop, 8GB Ram, Intel Graphics...

..I'm thinking about installing it on there while I'm at the office, lol.

I can easily run it at home on either of my gaming Rigs, don't want to wait that long though :p.

Thanks Feep!!

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome OT with a perfect title. And congrats to Feep and everyone at Iridium on the successful launch!

What is Corrin's cell phone ring tone? it is driving me insane that I can't place it

It's the beginning of Throwing Fire by Ronald Jenkees. The song was used in Sequence. :)

Seanspeed

Banned
Having trouble with the voice recognition. :/

I did the voice calibration and it seemed fine. I can say 'loud and clear' a hundred times and it catches it everytime. Volume seems good.

But once I'm in-game, its not picking me up. It took me a couple tries to tell Val to stop talking and I'm completely unable to do the 'Move to Office 623' command. I tried it like 50 times from different distances and messing with the voice calibration again. The little blue bar seems to show its picking me up, its just not registering the phrase for some reason.

I've got it set to English(US) and I've got a pretty neutral East Coast accent. Seems like something is going wrong somewhere.

Jumplion

Success is looking imminent for this game, can't wait to try it out when I can! Wish you guys luck in your future projects.

BearPawB

Banned
Awesome OT with a perfect title. And congrats to Feep and everyone at Iridium on the successful launch!

It's the beginning of Throwing Fire by Ronald Jenkees. The song was used in Sequence. :)

Ahh. Grantland also uses it to open one of their podcasts.
Thanks!

Kyuur

Downloading my free copy and gifted a bunch to my friends! Looking forward to trying to out after work.

shandy706

I'm completely unable to do the 'Move to Office 623' command. I tried it like 50 times from different distances and messing with the voice calibration again. .

In this situation, does one say "Move to Office SIX TWO THREE" or "Move to Office Six-Hundred Twenty-Three"?

Seems my laptop is plenty for this, downloading at the office now :).

Feep

Banned
Having trouble with the voice recognition. :/

I did the voice calibration and it seemed fine. I can say 'loud and clear' a hundred times and it catches it everytime. Volume seems good.

But once I'm in-game, its not picking me up. It took me a couple tries to tell Val to stop talking and I'm completely unable to do the 'Move to Office 623' command. I tried it like 50 times from different distances and messing with the voice calibration again. The little blue bar seems to show its picking me up, its just not registering the phrase for some reason.

I've got it set to English(US) and I've got a pretty neutral East Coast accent. Seems like something is going wrong somewhere.
This is the fourth time this error has been reported; I'm trying to track it down.

Can you help? Send to iridium@playiridium.com your two logs:

1) steam/steamapps/common/ThereCameAnEcho/VoiceCoreErrorLog.txt
2) steam/steamspps/common/ThereCameAnEcho/ThereCameAnEchoData/output_log.txt

I wanna try to get to the bottom of this.

Seanspeed

Banned
In this situation, does one say "Move to Office SIX TWO THREE" or "Move to Office Six-Hundred Twenty-Three"?
Huh, that might be it, but I thought it was 'six two three'.

I'll have to try again tomorrow though. No time to get back in it.

This is the fourth time this error has been reported; I'm trying to track it down.

Can you help? Send to iridium@playiridium.com your two logs:

1) steam/steamapps/common/ThereCameAnEcho/VoiceCoreErrorLog.txt
2) steam/steamspps/common/ThereCameAnEcho/ThereCameAnEchoData/output_log.txt

I wanna try to get to the bottom of this.
Sure.

2San

I'm really curious how gaf giveaway will do financially.

Really digging the OST. I'm trying not to spoil myself before actually playing the game.

Alastor3

Im just curious, serious question, how old are you ?

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Voice recognition seems to break after I visit the command alias menu. Restarting a mission gets it back though (and the new aliases work then too).

Also, I'm still not getting sound during either credits videos... Can watch them in MPC-HC fine though!

Roven

Banned
Yeah, my webcam doesn't seem to be good enough for this.
And my german accent doesn't help either. :)
Well, time to buy a good mic!

But first impression is really good :)

ZServ

So, it seems two of these menus don't play well together?
rbdw0Gu.jpg

Regardless, soundtrack is stellar. Need to finish this voice training though. Back to the game I go~

Edit: Seems that disabling the microphone while the game is open caused it to crash. Woops. Round 3, here we go :)

Ralemont

not me
That Destructoid review is a good example of why it's important to read the review and not just the score. The actual content of the review gets me way more excited to play it than a 6/10 would otherwise. The positives it mentioned far outweigh the potential negatives in my mind.

Seanspeed

Banned
Sent an email Feep, but I didn't have the VoiceCoreErrorLog.txt file? I just had a VoiceCore.exe file? Don't know if that's the one you wanted.

Feep

Banned
So, it seems two of these menus don't play well together?

Regardless, soundtrack is stellar. Need to finish this voice training though. Back to the game I go~

Edit: Seems that disabling the microphone while the game is open caused it to crash. Woops. Round 3, here we go :)
I know that having your system language in something other than English (Chinese) can currently cause the game to crash...send me your logs as well, like Seanspeed did?

Damn...pesky bugs...

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I know that having your system language in something other than English (Chinese) can currently cause the game to crash...send me your logs as well, like Seanspeed did?

Damn...pesky bugs...

Man what's with all these bugs man lazy devs ugh

---

Just bought your game on Steam, can't wait to play, congrats and good luck man!

Man, I'm sitting here recovering from an aborted dental surgery. At least, after a short nap, this will be ready to go. Excited to try it and record our experience, then share it on Infinite Medium!

Also, Happy Birthday Feep! Welcome to the 29 club. I leave in September :p

Corpekata

Banned
Hitting the sweet spot of how slow I need to say things, volume, and microphone settings started off a bit finnicky but once I found the sweet spot I was really impressed just how great the commands are working.

ZServ

So far, game is pretty freaking cool. I can't imagine how endlessly cool as shit this would be in like a Person of Interest game or something.

Top Bottom