• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

They should make a mario promotional disc

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Zelda had a promotional disc with older Zelda games, and there was another one that had high res OoT on it (I have that one). They should come out with something similar for the new Mario game, that would be cool. I would love a tasty high res Mario 64.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
If Nintendo released some discs that had:

Super Mario Bros. 1-3 (NES)
Dr. Mario (NES)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES)
Super Marip RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)
Super Mario Kart (SNES)
Mario Kart 64 (N64)
Super Mario 64 (N64)
Mario Golf (N64)
Paper Mario (N64)

I would pay for these to be played on my Gamecube, some type of Mario Collection Disc would be off the wall. If there was a way to put all those games on 1 Gamecube disc, hell I would pay $49.99 for that. And even an extra $25 if they created some type of limited edition SNES controller that worked with the Gamecube. But I'm living in a dream world...

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
It seems like they're more interested in selling their classic library for $20 apiece on the GBA for the time being. And who can blame them? All together they'll probably gross NOA more money than such a collection.

That Hori controller reminds me -- I wonder how that company's USA division is doing nowadays. That pad would be perfect for the US market, but they decided to debut with the Onimusha 3 sword controller instead.

8bit

Knows the Score
hori-digital-controller-black.jpg

?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
fenekku-gitsune said:
It seems like they're more interested in selling their classic library for $20 apiece on the GBA for the time being.

Eugh, I can't even look at the Classic series. Its a great idea, but I can't really pay $20 for an NES game...I guess I'm not "old school" enough. It would be more of a buy for me if they included more games with each purchase, but whatever.

pilonv1

fenekku-gitsune said:
It seems like they're more interested in selling their classic library for $20 apiece on the GBA for the time being. And who can blame them? All together they'll probably gross NOA more money than such a collection.

Exactly. Why give something away for free when you'll buy it again as Mario 4x4 for the NDS? If people stopped buying them they might do something different, but some people fall overthemselves to buy old games for the third or fourth time.

Top Bottom