• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Things to think about when making a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you're sitting around in the afternoon with nothing to do, sometimes a good discussion on a topic of your choice is an excellent way to pass the time. There is nothing wrong with this idea, unless....

There is nothing inherently wrong with making a thread out of boredom. There is however something wrong with making random, pointless threads out of boredom. If you have something that you want to talk about, and have valid points to make on the subject then I say, post away.

That way you are participating in a discussion, rather than contributing to the endless flotsam of Spam that clogs our already cluttered International Network.

Some might say that a lot of forum threads (not specifically this forum) have no point, or seem to be the byproduct of an infantile mind.

Post Pictures of your Dog/Cat, What music are you listening to, OMG my room is clean.

They may seem inconsequential to you, but to the person who created them they have personal significance, and you can usually tell in the first post whether or not they are sincere.

So, when crafting a thread, please keep in mind that as long as you have an opinion on and are willing to discuss (semi-intelligently) the topic of your choice then you will be contributing to the exchange of valid ideas.

If you're doing something to watch people dance like puppets, cut the strings now.

Rorschach

1. This thread sux.

2. My cat r0x.
boxy2.jpg

scola said:
is this a thread about Wolfy?

This is merely a suggestion to people who pick a topic out of the air at random and go "Discuss" for no better reason than to watch what happens. Perhaps it's best that they have a divested interest in the topic at hand when making a thread.

arter_2

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssssssssss stop analyzing

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
what if it seems inane to you but the its been bugging the poster? what happens then?

catfish said:
what if it seems inane to you but the its been bugging the poster? what happens then?

You will note, that I did not mention anything about the other people posting IN the thread. This was directed at the people CREATING the post. That THEY have a divested interest in the topic, and be willing to actually discuss the topic. Rather than just going "CORN! DISCUSS" because they were bored, and then walking away.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
This thread is pretty retarded... and you actually put thought into it, and yet it made little difference ;P

Scrow said:
This thread is pretty retarded... and you actually put thought into it, and yet it made little difference ;P

Which is why you have the option to no longer click on the title, and partake. Ahhh the wonders of choice, and at least I have the interest to actually discuss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom