• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thirteen... The Movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
******POSSIBLE SPOILERS, BUT EHHH, NOT REALLY******

Anyone else seen this movie? I can't say that it was on my must see list, but I stumbled upon an uh..."free copy" so I decided to watch it... MAN, Evan Rachel Wood gave a powerful performance... I can honestly say I was stunned and shook at the end, and usually movies don't get to me like that. I thought it would be your typical teen rebellion movie, and it is for the most part.

The thing that makes it shine is that they kept it real on all fronts, from everything drugs, sex, crime, whatever and showed the ups and downs of both... I can't describe it, but I highly recommend this movie, it's a little long, but -- and here's a weird description, it made me feel "human". That's a weird description but that's all I can say about it... I'm no where near the demographic of the stars in this film, but I could still relate and feel for them on a human level I guess.

The main character Tracy does so much wrong in this film that you can't help but loathe her during the majority of the movie. However at the end, you are still able to forgive her for everything that she put her family through... Oh, and as much as I wanted to hate the mom for having absolutely NO BACKBONE, I was still able to understand her situation as well. She had plenty of problems herself!

9/10 stars.

moist

I saw it and liked it.

Evan Rachel Wood's performance alone was worth the price of admission alone imo.

shuri

Banned
Well the movie was pretty realistic. I dont know what was so shocking about it. I watched the movie and i was left with a big "ok.. next" feeling.

IT BROUGHT NOTHING NEW TO THE TABLE

shuri said:
Well the movie was pretty realistic. I dont know what was so shocking about it. I watched the movie and i was left with a big "ok.. next" feeling.

IT BROUGHT NOTHING NEW TO THE TABLE

True, it brought nothing new to the table...I guess it just put me back in touch with what young people are going through in this day and age.

siege

Banned
I thought it was complete garbage. I didn't like how it tried to present itself as an insight into what teenagers lives are like. Teenagers are easily influenced and like to do drugs, have sex, and cut themselves. Big surprise.

Kids was alot more entertaining.

siege said:
I thought it was complete garbage. Teenagers like to do drugs, have sex, and cut themselves. Big suprise.

Kids was alot more entertaining.

I thought the ending was spectacular... it didn't try to do too much, or pull some big surprise ending... it ended lin a believable way. I thought it was directed and presente dina great fashion, with it showing the results of her downward spiral, and then rewinding back 3 months to show how she first started to get sucked into the crazy lifestyle. It was anything but garbage imo.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I didn't like how it made Evie out to be a bad guy. I mean Evie had real issues, Tracy was just being a moron. I remember not liking several other aspects of the movie, but it was a long time ago and I can't remember the details.

I did not like this movie. My friend wanted to rent it and finally I just gave in. She didn't seem too impressed by it when it finished either.

I found myself most annoyed with the camera work, but I just didn't enjoy it as a whole.

I thought it was horrible. The movie had the insight of a bad network sitcom. This is the kind of movie you’d get when you throw every parent’s worst fear into a blender. It felt like some teenager told their story to an adult writer and the adult went from there and crafted this hollow movie.

The movie was an independent production but it comes off more like a Hollywood flick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom