• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This game will ruin all other games

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
This game will be a slight improvement on previous GTA games, yes it will be great but it will be more of the same (which isn’t a bad thing).

No it will not ruin any other game!

Razoric

Banned
im so bored of japanese rpgs at this point. the worship around them has reached some pretty annoying levels.

Do The Mario said:
This game will be a slight improvement on previous GTA games, yes it will be great but it will be more of the same (which isn’t a bad thing).

This is what happens when you choose trolling over actually reading up on the game.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
3 GTA games in the one gen is a bit much IMO, vice city should have been delayed and released with these new minor features!

Still GTA:SA will be a great game but it won't be drastically different to the other GTA games this gen

no, im pretty much talking about GTA level worship. Halo 2 has it, Half Life 2 has it. Its that whole. THIS GAME WILL END ALL GAMES attitude thats spewed by every fucking person out there.

I hate going to pick up a game and hearing people assaulted over the game in the immediate area only to be followed up by some mindless fuck prattling on about how I can fly a helicopter. Jesus fuck.

Yes, there's hype, but then there's religion. Im tired of the GTA religion.

Razoric

Banned
Do The Mario said:
3 GTA games in the one gen is a bit much IMO, vice city should have been delayed and released with these new minor features!

Still GTA:SA will be a great game but it won't be drastically different to the other GTA games this gen

Have you played it or are you just talking out of your ass?

Solid

Do The Mario said:
This game will be a slight improvement on previous GTA games, yes it will be great but it will be more of the same (which isn?t a bad thing).
You are so wrong man, that's all I can say.

Tritroid

SolidSnakex said:
This is what happens when you choose trolling over actually reading up on the game.
Um, choosing to not partake in an over-the-top hype fest does not automatically = trolling.

He was speaking in more realistic terms.

BTW: MAF speaks the truth.

SantaC

MrAngryFace said:
im so bored of gta at this point. the worship around it has reached some pretty annoying levels.

how is it different from halo2? These are the big games, they get hype.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member

I am playing Vice City as we speak it is GREAT! But OMG you can now ride a bike, eat food and travel between cities!! SA is totally different to the other GTA games!

Razoric said:
im so bored of japanese rpgs at this point. the worship around them has reached some pretty annoying levels.

There's a big difference between the 3rd sequel to a game and a whole genre.

And what was the last Japanese RPG you played?

Santa: had this been a Halo 2 thread I would have mentioned something. I have previously bitched over bungie's screenshot year long fest in Halo 2 threads. I just want the game.

Half Life 2 threads have thankfully been at acceptable levels.

Razoric

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
no, im pretty much talking about GTA level worship. Halo 2 has it, Half Life 2 has it. Its that whole. THIS GAME WILL END ALL GAMES attitude thats spewed by every fucking person out there.

I hate going to pick up a game and hearing people assaulted over the game in the immediate area only to be followed up by some mindless fuck prattling on about how I can fly a helicopter. Jesus fuck.

Yes, there's hype, but then there's religion. Im tired of the GTA religion.

Yeah it's gone overboard, but it's not like GTA is a bad series. People obviously love this game and for good reason. I'd gladly join the GTA religion... the series is that good.

:)

Do The Mario said:
I am playing Vice City as we speak it is GREAT! But OMG you can now ride a bike, eat food and travel between cities!! SA is totally different to the other GTA games!

That's not even close to all the improvements SA has.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
so wait, I can jack cars, again. I can shoot cops, again. I can beat up hookers, again...

ehh... at this point you are either the type of person who actually CAN play GTA for a few hours more or you are the type of person who is just sick of it.

me, I am just sick of it... GTA:VC was already bordering on how much more of the same game I could play. but at least that had 80's music. more GTA with more contemporary music is just blah..

hehe.. as a side note, if they ever released a GTA game with custom soundtracks, that would pretty much kill any new GTA version sales.. lol

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Have you played it or are you just talking out of your ass?

I got GTA3 on the Ps2 when it came out
I got GTA:VC a few weeks ago on the Xbox

Just because I don’t hype up games and I don’t feel obligated to buy games at launch (I am not buying Halo 2 at Launch) doesn’t mean I am trolling.

I love playing GTA games but they are insanely over hyped!!!!

Just because I don’t think GTA:SA will blow away what been previously done in the GTA series doesn’t make me a troll!

Honestly do you think SA will be miles ahead of GTA3 and VC??

Razoric

Banned
borghe said:
so wait, I can jack cars, again. I can shoot cops, again. I can beat up hookers, again...

ehh... at this point you are either the type of person who actually CAN play GTA for a few hours more or you are the type of person who is just sick of it.

me, I am just sick of it... GTA:VC was already bordering on how much more of the same game I could play. but at least that had 80's music. more GTA with more contemporary music is just blah..

hehe.. as a side note, if they ever released a GTA game with custom soundtracks, that would pretty much kill any new GTA version sales.. lol

Uh GTA DP Xbox. Get a clue.

I love how trolls mention nothing but beating up hookers like that's all there is to the game. Jesus fuck.

Bregor

MrAngryFace said:

Be fair, most of the excessive hyperbole is coming from just a few over zealous fans that endlessly promote their game as better than anything else. Most fans are much more restrained.

pilonv1

Do The Mario said:

I agree. What we need is more MARIO games. And not new ones, OLD ONES ported to new systems. Brilliant!

This is one of the two biggest games of the year. If you cannot see the improvements the've made here you'd have to be wearing these.

goggles.jpg

Brofist

borghe said:

Also the PC version has a custom soundtrack feature (III and VC did, I'm sure SA will too)

Razoric

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
At least the forum moved past the whole

If you dont want to play GTA SA you hate blacks attitude. Jesus that was dumb.

Uh I'm pretty sure there are people that wont like the game because of that and just use other excuses like "i dont wanna a hooker killing simulator again, oh BTW I loved Vice City and GTA3". Hmmmmm

So according to some, saying it's thebest game ever without actually playing it (though maybe some here have) and not buying into the hype = trolling. Right...

Razoric

Banned
FortNinety said:
So according to some, not mindlessly accepting the game as the best game ever without actually playing it (though maybe some here have) and not buying into the hype = trolling. Right...

But others professing that its more of the same and basically all you do is kill hookers without even playing the game isn't trolling? Right... indeed.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Razoric said:
Uh GTA DP Xbox. Get a clue.

I love how trolls mention nothing but beating up hookers like that's all there is to the game. Jesus fuck.
and when is GTA:SA coming out for XBox? Got a clue, and it says there ain't ever much new besides the music... lol..

and I'm sorry, I only mentioned hookers? Not music? Not car jacking? Not attacking police?

I love how fanboys only pick out the portions of posts that they feel like defending and then act like you didn't post additional info...

have fun beating up the hookers.

Brofist

Do The Mario said:
Honestly do you think SA will be miles ahead of GTA3 and VC??

It sounds like a bigger leap than from III to VC. Of course it's gonna keep the same basic premise.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
I agree. What we need is more MARIO games. And not new ones, OLD ONES ported to new systems. Brilliant!

I have many posts on this board saying what a joke it is that Nintendo are releasing and whoring too many games, I never said we need more rehashed Mario games I have said the opposite.

I have also said I would not buy future Nintendo consoles if Nintendo continues to whore!

So yes im such a fanboy

3 games from any franchise per gen is whoring IMO with the exception of sports games that are allowed to whore!

Razoric

Banned
borghe said:
and when is GTA:SA coming out for XBox? Got a clue, and it says there ain't ever much new besides the music... lol..

and I'm sorry, I only mentioned hookers? Not music? Not car jacking? Not attacking police?

I love how fanboys only pick out the portions of posts that they feel like defending and then act like you didn't post additional info...

have fun beating up the hookers.

Additional info? You're kidding right?

Oh and since you obviously missed it, GTA DP Xbox has custom soundtracks but of course you wouldn't know that being a douche and all.

Brofist

Do The Mario said:
3 games from any franchise per gen is whoring IMO with the exception of sports games that are allowed to whore!

Like Mario Party with 3 N64, and 3 GC games :p

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
I can’t believe people are flaming me for saying SA will be a great game but it won’t be a drastic improvement from previous incarnations!

Therefore I am a 13 year old Nintendo fanboy who buys released Mario games!

I don’t think im a troll!

What has happen to GA for the year I have been away!!

***Sniff sniff

The only fanboys here are the ones attacking me for not buying into the hype and saying SA will be the greatest game ever before it’s released!

Yes I will buy SA, maybe a few months down the track it will be a great game with many improvements but at heart the core of the game will remain the same.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Like Mario Party with 3 N64, and 3 GC games :p

Yes 3 mario party games per gen is way to much!!!!

And I have never purchased a Mario party game because I don’t believe in Nintendo whoring franchises!

I mean they should have been able to release on huge and complete Mario party title per gen!!!

Razoric

Banned
Do The Mario said:
I can’t believe people are flaming me for saying SA will be a great game but it won’t be a drastic improvement from previous incarnations!

Therefore I am a 13 year old Nintendo fanboy who buys released Mario games!

I don’t think im a troll!

What has happen to GA for the year I have been away!!

***Sniff sniff

The only fanboys here are the ones attacking me for not buying into the hype and saying SA will be the greatest game ever before it’s released!

Yes I will buy SA, maybe a few months down the track it will be a great game with many improvements but at heart the core of the game will remain the same.

I'm not saying it will be the greatest game ever... it could suck for all I know (but doubt it). It's more of you stating in fact that it will be more of the same with little improvement. I'm asking when / where you played it. It could be more of the same, but from what I've been reading (reviews, not PR) it looks to be a vast improvement from Vice City in almost every way (besides graphics / framerate damn PS2).

"The only fanboys here are the ones attacking me for not buying into the hype and saying SA will be the greatest game ever before it’s released! "

What people are saying is that its simply not GTA in a new city. This is a very big improvement over the previous games if you go and read previews of the game.

evil ways

They're not attacking you for not being into the hype, the attacks come from the fact that you are using the same old, generic "But OMG you can now ride a bike, eat food and travel between cities!! SA is totally different to the other GTA games!" phrase every GTA hater or skeptic uses.

Get informed, and actually read everything the game has improved and has to offer compared to the previous 2 installments before you resort to sarcasm.

Brofist

Do The Mario said:
Yes 3 mario party games per gen is way to much!!!!

And I have never purchased a Mario party game because I don’t believe in Nintendo whoring franchises!

I mean they should have been able to release on huge and complete Mario party title per gen!!!

Actually the irony is I really like the MP games..I was just being an ass hehe.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
I with draw my previous statements, GTA:SA will be the greatest game every made unlike anything else ever made!

(I hope people realize im joking ) :)

This is the first thread I've read today. It's the equivalent of stepping in dogshit as you roll out of bed first thing in the morning.

Anyhow, GTA:SA hype would've needed an 'ilovehos' site to be as annoying as the Halo 2 hype. It has still managed to come pretty close though.

Top Bottom