• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is what a PSP cellphone should be!

Troidal

This is a concept design model from Vodafone (in Japan) called "GAME".

There have been other concept design models which later were released onto the market so I don't see why this one won't, cuz it looks so COOL!

vodafone_game3.jpg

vodafone_game.jpg

vodafone_game2.jpg

One would wonder why a company like Nokia couldn't come up with better shit for the N-GAGE. I wasn't sure if it was entirely OT, so I just posted it here....

XS+

Banned
kpop100 said:
It's fine in the Kansai area, where do you live?
Maybe it just sucks in Tokyo, Chiba, Saitama and Niigata (only places in Japan I've been to). I go indoors and I'm lucky to see one 'bar' show up on a J-Phone/Vodafone.

I switched to AU a few months ago and have no complaints.

Troidal

But au's audio quality sucks. Though their phones definitely have cooler looking models...something Vodafone should learn lessons from.

XS+

Banned
? Audio on my AU Ericsson phone sounds great to me, better than anything I heard from my Vodafone.. care to elaborate?

COCKLES

being watched
Nice design. Shit colour.

Is it me or are Nintendo missing the boat with no phone functions?

Honestly a GBA2 with full-phone abilities would rokethly muchly. Nice tie in with NTT DoCoMo for Japanese market. Just don't make it shit like NGage.

Agent X

Troidal said:
One would wonder why a company like Nokia couldn't come up with better shit for the N-GAGE. I wasn't sure if it was entirely OT, so I just posted it here....

That's a very clever design there--much better than either model of N-Gage.

I like the fact that the phone seems to be designed for gaming with a "landscape" (horizontally oriented) screen, rather than "portrait" (vertically oriented) screen like most cell phones. Most traditional video games are designed for landscape orientation, so the games would translate more easily to this phone for that reason. In the event that a portrait orientation is preferred (for vertical scrolling shooters, and some old arcade games like Pac-Man and Donkey Kong), it looks like it could accommodate that orientation simply by rotating the unit 90 degrees (like the Lynx and Wonderswan).

I think it's relevance to gaming would mean that it is on topic. I hadn't heard about this anywhere else, so thanks for posting it!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
More and more of these sliding/parting designs are making their way into the cellphone arena. Any idea what the hardware is for this phone - what it's capable of as a game machine?

Top Bottom