• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

this week, on Perry Bible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
perrybible.jpg

Socreges

Banned
Teh Hamburglar said:
I don't get them. *smacks brain*
First one:

You think they are going to get to the tree and explode because of the dynamite. However, it is the Tree of Irony, and therefore they explode before they even get there.

It's creative, but I didn't find it too funny.

Second one:

He proposes to her by arranging dead people into words at the scene of an accident.

I laughed pretty hard when I first saw it.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Socreges said:
First one:

You think they are going to get to the tree and explode because of the dynamite. However, it is the Tree of Irony, and therefore they explode before they even get there.

I thought they were trying to blow up the Tree of Irony, but ironically were blown up themselves.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
...no. Strapped with dynamite? How would the last panel be in anyway surprising then?

That's what it means. What Steve said. It's obvious.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Yeah, I didn't find the first comic to be confusing at all. Dynamite lit, two people hiding behind a hill with one covering ears. Instead of irony tree blowing up, they blow up. Boom. Ironical.

Wasn't entirely funny, but it was pretty straight-forward.

edit: Not shocked. Covering ears because of big boom that's coming. If they were running towards the tree, they'd probably be...you know...standing. Maybe some sort of running motion.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
They're not shocked! They're hiding over the side of the hill, peering over to watch it blow up. The guy has his hands over his ears because it's going to explode and be loud, not it shock!

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
No, I think they placed the dynamite there. In the first panel they are watching the tree, waiting for it to explode, which is why one of them is covering his ears. I don't think they look shocked; more like they're in a state of anticipation.

okay, i just analyzed this comic strip a little too much...

You're right. The guy laying down seemed to me to be running towards the tree to try to save it or something. It almost looks like he's standing up and running as opposed to laying. But you're right.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Perry Bible rocks, and is probably my favorite comic, but this most recent one gets a boo-urns. Clever, but not really funny.

*continues waiting for next Wednesday*

Socreges

Banned
Shit.
No, I think they placed the dynamite there. In the first panel they are watching the tree, waiting for it to explode, which is why one of them is covering his ears. I don't think they look shocked; more like they're in a state of anticipation.
See, I didn't notice that. I thought they were running. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom