• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time Crisis Plug and Play

hinch7

Pretty cool. I think I still have a copy of this game for the PS1 and light gun in the attic. Might have to get one if this is any good.

Would be amazing if they could port House of the Dead to this.

panda-zebra

While it might be more fun with today's larger TVs (I used to play this, Point Blank, Die Hard Trilogy etc. on a 14" portable, lol), VR has moved this kind of experience on by lightyears. I would love to give it a go, though.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
wow so cheap! these bundles are going for around $299-399 these days and you need a CRT this is a steal!

s-l1600.webp

Ponderling

Specific hardware for ONE game seems like a waste, and that cheap little box will probably be unable to run anything above PS1 level graphics at 60fps.
I've been thinking for some time about getting a Sinden light gun with recoil and pairing it with a steam deck running Batocera through a tv. The Sinden is plug and play now and the deck is powerful enough to run even modern arcade shooters. This setup also gives you the bonus of it being portable.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Specific hardware for ONE game seems like a waste, and that cheap little box will probably be unable to run anything above PS1 level graphics at 60fps.
Well at the very least they show screens of Time Crisis from arcade which is significantly nicer than the PS1 port. Maybe if the system is hacked it can do up to Dreamcast emulation. The rest, I agree (though obviously not with playing on the actual Deck screen like in that hilarious video). Basically, just play on PC, regardless of the form factor chosen and with any number of other lightgun solutions that aren't more expensive than this limited-until-or-if-it-gets-hacked (and a community for support cares enough to even form around it) "console" solution is. Sinden, GUN4IR, soon Blamcon, etc. Gotta wonder how much they could sell just the gun and software for without the box for use with PC and if it'd make a good alternative to the above but I guess they're putting long term profit first and trying to sell each game themselves, partnering with companies for the classics to start with.

Last edited:

Ponderling

Well at the very least they show screens of Time Crisis from arcade which is significantly nicer than the PS1 port. Maybe if the system is hacked it can do up to Dreamcast emulation.

Retroshooter offered a similar gun+box combo that tempted me, but the box could barely run PS1 games smoothly so I skipped it and started looking into Sinden setups.

I've been thinking for some time about getting a Sinden light gun with recoil and pairing it with a steam deck running Batocera through a tv. The Sinden is plug and play now and the deck is powerful enough to run even modern arcade shooters. This setup also gives you the bonus of it being portable.

I've been considering a Sinden light gun for a while, it would be nice to play time crisis 2 again. Does anyone here have experience with it?

Last edited:

NT80

Make the barrel move like the arcade version and I'll buy it at a highhhh price, stranger.
I had a light gun on PS2 which had even more recoil/impact and weight to it than the arcade light guns. It also didn't look like a toy like those ones did.
p2UcSlc.jpeg
GpIwR2b.jpeg

For this new device to be worth it though it really needs all of Namco's light gun games. One is not worth it especially if the light gun doesn't have some heft and feedback.

I've got the Sinden, it's pretty awesome for that feel of an old school Time Crisis gun. Setup can be a bit finicky between the gun itself + emulators. I don't know if their new app came out of beta but I might try that to see if it streamlines things a bit.

consoul

If this became a console exclusively for lightgun games and it worked well, I'd be all over it. Gonna need some reviews.

Top Bottom